Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heartyangelgirl Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Jan 10, 2018, 01:27 PM
    What are the procedures for selling scratch cards?
    I'm 24. From the UK and have worked in retail for nearly 2 years. Recently my store introduced a new National Lottery terminal and had it installed on one of the tills. Today I was shown for the first time on how to work the lottery machine, lottery tickets, scratch cards and the like. One of my bosses showed me once how to sell scratch cards before going off to do her own duties, and then I had a turn on my own at selling 3 scratch cards to a customer, who was of legal age by the way, so I made sure not to make that kind of error. However, I'm now worried as to whether I had actually carried out the procedures for selling scratch cards correctly. When a customer wants to buy a scratch card, does a cashier, once they have unlocked one of the scratch card holders and taken out the scratch card the customer wants, have to scan the scratch card from the store into the lottery machine first or just scan it straight into the regular till? I really don't want to find out the next morning if I had made a mistake especially having only worked the lottery machine for the first time and not been shown enough times for it to sink in.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 10, 2018, 01:30 PM
    Ask your supervisor or another employee as procedures vary massively..
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2018, 02:54 PM
    Only your boss can answer this question so simply ask him, or a co worker.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journal entries for scratch cards [ 3 Answers ]

Global Children is a charitable organisation, which raises funds for the care of children around the world. A South African branch of the organisation, GC (SA), opened recently. Subsequent to extensive market research, the organisation plans to raise funds by launching its own scratch card...

Complex Tarot Card Probability. Drawing 80 cards w/o 22 trump cards being consecutive [ 1 Answers ]

My Nephew is into Tarot Cards. I am teaching him math. He asked me a question I have no idea how to answer. A new deck has 80 Cards in it, including 2 non-use cards. If we draw all 80 cards in a random order 1-80, what are the chance that we will not get any consecutive trump cards, of which there...

A set of 20 cards consists of 12 red cards and 8 black cards. [ 1 Answers ]

A set of 20 cards consists of 12 red cards and 8 black cards. The cards are shuffled thoroughly and you choose one at random, observe its color, and replace it in the set. The cards are thoroughly reshuffled, and you again choose a card at random, observe its color, and replace it in the set. ...

I would like to visit a friend in Sweden. . What are the procedures from scratch? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm a Ghanaian who would like to visit a friend in Sweden. What are the procedures from scratch?

Selling hand drawing cards [ 18 Answers ]

Do you think there is a big possibility that I can sell my hand drawn cards through the net? Thanks. Good Pm.

View more questions Search