Ask
    lehew3507 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2018, 06:41 AM
    Maltese breed
    How to stop my dog from being aggressive toward me
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 9, 2018, 07:26 AM
    You enroll in a training course, Doggie college. Depending on the bloodline, it may be easy or hard.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 9, 2018, 08:35 AM
    ''Dog training'' is 80% training of the human. A loving owner knows that a dog (puppy, especially) is going to play aggressively, and to be with humans, they need gentle but consistent training each day, with hugs and treats and belly rubs as rewards for being 'good.' They also need chew toys just for them, to exercise their jaws.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 9, 2018, 07:00 PM
    Aggression can happen for many reasons, but in my experience aggression towards an owner is usually caused by the owner.

I would definitely suggest training for both you and the dog, because it's not just the dog that has to learn.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 10, 2018, 04:42 AM
    If your dog is aggressive towards you, possibly he/she is only acting out because they are receiving unfavourable signs from you from whatever they are doing that you think is not appropriate. Are you slapping your pet for inappropriate behaviour? If so, this is not the way to start a good relationship with your pet. Suggest you both enrol in an obedience school training session where you both can learn how to relate to each other.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maltese dog bites [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I have a maltese dog who is a 1yr and 2 months old dog. And he still has the habit of biting and barks back and now he is more aggressive what to do? Especially when he takes anything which does not belong to him... well I don't know what to do

Dog breed debate. Purebred or Designer breed? [ 20 Answers ]

Since this debate started in another thread, I thought I'd start a new thread to allow members to continue discussing this topic, without continuing to hijack another thread. :) The debate on what makes a dog purebred has been going on for a long time. I'm not the best to explain this, but I'll...

What to do when maltese was given to you at 8 weeks [ 1 Answers ]

What do you do when you bought a maltese at 8 weeks? What are the effects?

My maltese dog is sick what can I do [ 1 Answers ]

My maltese dog is 3 month he do not want to eat and is doing a lot of caca every where what can I do??

Maltese dog sick [ 7 Answers ]

I have a maltese dog about 1 year and 6 months old. She has been vomiting, clear white foamy-ness and her poop is kind of "Snotty" looking, she refuses to go outside and she has been mopey and not really wanting to play lately. I have taken her to the vet, and the vet said that she probably just...

View more questions Search