Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    seew12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2018, 02:20 PM
    Is there a chance to fix it? Shall I text him?
    ]We were together for 7 months and he told me yesterday "I do love you but I'm not in love with you, I don't know why my feelings had dissapeard" I could see tears I'm his eyes,he said I seem to handle it well but is just because I can't cry in front of people. I got home and cried for hours I don't know what to do now and I feel that I didn't told him everything I wanted to say because I couldn't say anything except "okay/so what's now" and after I've asked what's now he said "I don't know". When I got home I just played sad songs and cry to memories looking at pictures of us and wishing that there is still chance to fix because I still love him. I feel like I should've said that we can work it out and I regret not saying it. I feel like texting him or call him but I think is too early, I don't know what to do.
    He sended different signals yesterday as well first he said "I love you but I'm not in love with you " and then he was like "you're my perfect match in everyway". We didn't said is over as well he just said "I'm so sorry" He also hagged me a few times and in his arms I really felt safe and even if I don't cry in front of people I've started to cry in his arms. I was looking at him walking away and he turned back to look at me and me instead of catching his sight I just turned my head and walked towards doors, wasn't able to hold my tears anymore.
    We still have each other on social media. Before he left I could see he wants me to say something and that's one of the reasons I want to talk it through with him.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2018, 03:01 PM
    Not sure how WE would know if there was a chance to fix it. First love? How old are both of you? Ah, good old Social Media issues.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2018, 03:34 PM
    From your side only it sounds like the beginning of the end.

"We were together for 7 months" - 7 months is not what I would term as anywhere close to a long lasting relationship although you do have investment into it. I am not sure it is possible to completely know someone after such a short time and probably the end goals were not the same expectation. That's the risk you take in relationships and especially when you have already dropped the "I love you" to each other. I will never understand why people rush such an important thing like a relationship.
    seew12 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 8, 2018, 03:55 PM
    I'm 18 and his 21

We did say 'we might be in love with each other' but we actually never said 'I Love You', that's one of the reasons I'm confused
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2018, 04:19 PM
    "that's one of the reasons I'm confused"

It takes longer than 7 months to not be confused. You two were still in the honeymoon phases of dating. When people start dating they start in the infatuation phase. After some time it wears off and then you have to decide what is next. You are lucky it was only 7 months and not a 5 year investment. If I were you, thank him for being honest, thank him for the fun times, and move on.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 8, 2018, 04:55 PM
    I know you are hurt and confused. Getting dumped will do that every time, especially if you cared a lot, but he was as kind and honest as he could be. Take the hint and leave him alone and mourn your loss. Oliver is right, be grateful for the time you spent, as short as it was, mourn and move on. He will too, so don't chase after him, and try to change his mind. That just prolongs the agony and you both end up hating each other, and you will be REALLY miserable. No need for that just cut all contacts especially that social media stuff and when the emotional dust settles you will be glad you did make a CLEAN break of it and kept your dignity and self repect.

Eventually you will lose the sad songs and stop drowning in your own misery. Was he your first boyfriend or something? Break ups always suck, and we have all been heartbroken and know your pain. It will get better though. Been dumped a few times and it always got better.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a chance I will text positive for ETg? [ 11 Answers ]

Okay, so on Thursday I had several glasses of wine throughout the day. 8-9 standard glasses... nothing after 8pm. I took a UA at 330pm the following Monday, more than 90 hours after last drink. Is there a chance I will text positive for ETg? I exercise, drink a lot of fluids, eat healthy, am female...

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Probability of 20ml of rainfall when 13ml chance is 87.7% and 16.9ml chance is 40.9% [ 5 Answers ]

Farmers in District D know when to plant and harvest because rainfall follows a particular pattern which repeats itself every seven months. Weather records for this particular area indicate a normal distribution as far as rainfall is concerned. The records further reveal that the chances of at...

I have one chance, one text message, on his birthday to win him back. What do I say [ 25 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend and I have been through a lot. We broke up 8 months ago, didn't talk for a while, and then started talking again. Then on new years this year I went to Montreal with my friends, and one of my friends stayed home. She ended up hooking up with him, and everyone got mad at them. I was...

View more questions Search