Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 7, 2018, 12:07 PM
    Health Insurance
    Short term medical plan. First there is the deducible.
    $1,000 deductible. Coinsurance after the deductible is 40%
    Pretty lousy plan. What if you also purchased Gap insurance policy.
    Would that help any?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2018, 03:05 PM
    Sure it would help BUT, at what cost. Lets see, at $2,000 you would pay the first $1400. However, the gap would probably have a deductible and co pay too. I am so glad to be on a Medicare Advantage Plan. Pay nothing extra, $10-$40 co pay depending on who I am seeing.
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2018, 04:17 PM
    Too bad the person is only 38, lives and takes care of his elderly father who has Advantage Plan under Medicare. But the son is different situation He has no health coverage at all.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 8, 2018, 08:19 PM
    Why temp insurance, why can't they just buy normal insurance ?

But lots if not millions have 3000 or more deductible with a 30 percent co pay, So 1000 dollar deductible and 40 percent co pay is not really as "bad" to today's normal insurance policy. Compared to insurance 10 or 15 years ago, all of them are bad.

The real bad things on most "short term" policy is that they do not cover any pre existing condition. This means that high blood pressure 2 years ago, may stop coverage from anything from blood pressure to heart attacks.

So why do they want short term ?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Switching from personal health insurance to my company's health insurance [ 4 Answers ]

I've been employed with my present company since 2009. I've paid for my own health insurance since 2009 (high deductible), though would like to switch to my company's health insurance. I was diagnosed with MS in June 2011 and it's a pre-existing condition. What do I need to know because of this...

Two health insurance policy for surgery and 2nd insurance not paying [ 1 Answers ]

Had hysterictomy in 08, In 09 got a bill from hospital saying 2nd insurance withdrew 2k stating that was my portion or my copay. Is this right? I tried to appeal and the insurance is sticking to it. My primary ended up paying 16k to the 2nd insurance only paying 600. What are my options. I have...

Health insurance for diabetic, otherwise in good health [ 5 Answers ]

Next month, I will be landing in Texas as a new immigrant on my Green Card (female aged 55 years - not working). I have diabetese which is well controlled bu insulin and am otherwise in good health. Which companies would provide me a health insurance cover, even if they put a waiting period for the...

Do I still have health insurance? [ 2 Answers ]

I just turned 19 not too long ago, and my health insurance expired a couple of days ago. I used the insurance to get birth control, that my mom doesn't know about. My insurance was also dependent on my mom's. I heard somewhere that once someone turns 19, they can no longer be signed with their...

Health Insurance [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have never bought private medical cover, critical illness insurance, Loss of earnings insurance, etc. I know that there is various advice and Web sites to help you lower your car insurance, but what, If any, facilities exist to help you shop around for these other types of insurance?...

View more questions Search