Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MelanieGreen011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 6, 2018, 03:56 PM
    Marriage location
    Hello, I moved from my country to study, here I met my current partner, we now live together and have a baby. We recently started talking about getting married (we don't have the money for it now, but he will propose when we do). Now my problem is: WHERE shall we get married? Obviously all his family and friends live here but all mine are back in my country. I can't get married without my family and friends but I would feel bad to ask them to come over and pay for travel and hotel (we live in a very expensive city) also cause I have a very big family while he's close basically only to his brother and sister. So maybe we could go to my country instead? But still I don't feel like asking his family to pay for flight and hotel. I would love to pay for my family or his to come but as I said we hardly have the money for the wedding. What shall we do? Thanks! Xx
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 6, 2018, 04:45 PM
    If you wait for the money to "marry" you will almost never get married and are expecting too much of a large fancy wedding. You just get married, if you are already living together and have a baby. Each day you keep living together is less reason to get a legal marriage.

You have one where you are at, and then have a blessing (second service) back in the other country for the other family.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 6, 2018, 05:17 PM
    Guests pay their own way. He only has two; you have many. Go to your country.
    But basically this is something the couple works out together. Strangers online can't possibly know the hundreds of details.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 6, 2018, 05:31 PM
    You talk it out with each other and come to a reasonable compromise. May as well get accustomed to compromising now, that's what marriage and parenting is all about.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 8, 2018, 03:10 PM
    Getting married is not an expensive ordeal. What does it cost for a Justice of the Peace? Check it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of ou [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Aslamu alaikum Is love marriage is acceptable in islam or can we marriage with out permissions of our parents. Actually I am in love last 5 yr I want to marry her and she also but her parents not agree to marry with me , and also my guardians have not to choice their. So can we marry with...

Does a non-compete clause apply to primary location or location of employment? [ 13 Answers ]

Does the non-compete apply to primary location of business, location of employment or any of the locations? There are 3 locations in my area, the clause states 10 miles and 2 years.

Service panel location and or re-location codes [ 8 Answers ]

I just built a new addition on my home, bigger than my existing home. I want to move the service panel from the old basement to the new basement, I would like to do this using the 4/0-4/0-4/0 aluminum service wire run in conduit, it is about 45 to 55 feet. What is the code on this? Also what is the...

Work location is different from employer office location [ 1 Answers ]

I work for NY based company and as an IT consultant. My actual work location is at the client's office which is in NJ for the whole of 2007. I also live in NJ. Will my income be considered as income earned in NJ or NY? My employer has withheld NY taxes though I live in NJ and my work location is...

View more questions Search