Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dsilvanu Posts: 53, Reputation: 1

Jan 5, 2018, 02:55 PM
    Celtic knot earrings - Vintage?
    A pair of celtic knot earrings that I just bought from a co-op shop. It looked unusual as the material used was light and the rainbow ?glass/crystal captured my attention.
    On closer examination, I'm still not sure if it's made of wood or plastic and it's definitely handmade as the back suggests. The design of the light material is very intricate and the rainbow glass/crystals sit very snugly in. Very well done.
    Could someone please enlighten me if this pair of earrings are really vintage? I don't see anything similar on the website.
    Hope to get an answer! Thanks.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 5, 2018, 02:58 PM
    Please post a picture.

Jan 5, 2018, 03:02 PM
    ? Vintage Celtic Knot Earrings
    A pair of celtic knot earrings that I just bought from a co-op shop. It looked unusual as the material used was light and the rainbow ?glass/crystal captured my attention.
    On closer examination, I'm still not sure if it's made of wood or plastic and it's definitely handmade as the back suggests. The design of the light material is very intricate and the rainbow glass/crystals sit very snugly in. All in all, the total weight of each earring is about 8.0g on a micro weight. Very well done.
    Could someone please enlighten me if this pair of earrings are really vintage? I don't see anything similar on the website. It is not made of sterling silver or gold.
    Sorry re sending with images attached.
    Hope to get an answer! Thanks.
    Attached Images

Jan 5, 2018, 03:05 PM
    Have just re send with images attached. Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jan 5, 2018, 09:31 PM
    The posts on the earrings is quite modern. The material looks like plastic. The design is not celtic. Where did you get that idea ?

Old fashioned earrings would have had wires made of a precious metal to insert through the ear.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 6, 2018, 09:58 AM
    Not a Celtic Knot. Agree with Tickle, modern composition. Is the metal magnetic? If not possibly a die cast base.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Celtic polytheism [ 1 Answers ]

Anyone else following the one true religion? Sometimes it feels like Teutates's table won't have had many newcomers for a while.

Celtic Pronunciation [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to pronounce Giomanach? I think its Celtic and means Hunter. Thanks

Celtic Woman [ 1 Answers ]

How old are the ladies in the Celtic Woman group? They look so young.

View more questions Search