Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    priyankashama84 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2018, 01:53 AM
    How can I improve my English Vocabulary?
    I want to expand my English vocabulary and also need some tips on how to remember words

Jan 4, 2018, 02:13 AM
    How do I improve my vocabulary?
    Tips for how to remember words

Jan 4, 2018, 02:42 AM
    How can I speak fluent English without joining any english classes?
    I don't to join any institute, so is there anyway I can learn english online

Jan 4, 2018, 03:01 AM
    What is the best way to learn English at an advanced level?
    For example, being able to express complex ideas in an unambiguous manner

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2018, 07:39 AM
    Hang around English speakers, and keep practicing or go here,

https://www.rosettastone.com/
    myrobostation12 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2018, 11:25 PM
    There are many ways of introducing context into your vocabulary learning, the simplest being to learn vocabulary in sentences. This has additional benefits of introducing you to several words at a time, and clarifying their meaning, which may not always be obvious from a simple dictionary translation.

Beyond sentences, you can experiment with learning words with stories, songs or just everyday situations. For example, rather than learning weather related words on their own, look up a weather forecast online, and try to imagine a conversation about weather next week, and how it’ll affect the fishing trip you’ve been looking forward to so much.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jan 5, 2018, 08:59 PM
    Kids shows can help, and I'm not being facetious, I'm totally serious. They teach things slowly, in a way that's easy to understand. Sesame Street, and shows like that, are great for someone just learning English. Then, once you're comfortable with that level you move on to more complex shows or books.

I'm sure there are a lot of things you can find on YouTube that will also help.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jan 6, 2018, 03:04 PM
    Go to the public library that "belongs" to you and get a library card. Look at children's picture books; check out a few. Go home and read them out loud. Read them to someone who speaks good English and will correct your pronunciation. Look up words you don't know. Notice the phrasing of each sentence. Does each picture help you read and understand better? It might be helpful for you to rewrite those same sentences yourself on a piece of lined paper, so you can review them later. For each sentence, figure out the subject, verb (action word[(s]), direct object, prepositional phrases. (If you don't know what these are, check out from the library a very basic grammar book or find a good basic grammar site online.) Also, ask a librarian if they or a nearby library or another organization offers conversational English for non-native-English speakers. Join such a group.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to improve the vocabulary?? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi,guys,, I just want to know that,, my english is good when am writing but as soon as I start the same i.e.. speaking something,, I did nt get words to speak... :P And I used to get choke at those moments..! Pplz suggest me something... what should I do ?? So that I could make command over...

Learining English and vocabulary [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I'm learning English by myself. But I think it's really hard to remember lots of vocabularies. Do you know any good site of learning English? Please tell me some! Thank you.

I need to improve my vocabulary! [ 6 Answers ]

I just notice that my vocabulary is not so good. This year I'm in 7th grade and I want to improve my vocabulary so when I go to high school, I'll have a head start! But, other then flashcards, is there any other funner ways? I've been doing flashcards for quite a long time, to me, I was pretty...

View more questions Search