Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Jan 1, 2018, 04:08 PM
    Re cookies
    If you reply, please keep it simple... I'm always lost in the world of technology.

I wanted to order something and filled out the necessary replies... I even
    Started an account. I have ordered from them before. This time, over and
    Over and over and over I keep putting in my information incl delivery and
    Credit card and it keeps coming back "you already have an account". Anyway
    I wrote to the people who hired these webdesigners... they got back to me

They said I have to erase all my cookies. What does that mean... what do I
    Lose by doing this?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 1, 2018, 05:30 PM
    Although it isn't difficult to erase cookies, it's easier to find the spot on the website where you login instead of starting a new account.
    I tend to miss those too, and get frustrated to find out I have an account, but can't get in.
    FIND that login box, right on the home page! Click it and then find the place where it will email you with your id and/or password.
    Come back if that doesn't work.
    I'm not convinced that erasing cookies will help in this case anyway.

If you want to tell us the site, we can try it out.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 2, 2018, 02:47 PM
    Typically the companies do not want you to start another account, just like AMHD. In fact, as you are finding out, they will not allow you to process a purchase. If you don't know your Login or password for the account, find the login block and under it should say something like "lost password, click here". They will send you a replacement temporary password. If the site is used all the time, click the "stay logged in" box. Their computer is recognizing your computer through a "cookie", a registered token. If you don't know the file where your cookies are, type "finding cookies" in the search box of your computer. I will tell you that it can sometimes be a chore to find the exact one because it may not be something you would recognize.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allow some cookies [ 0 Answers ]

I'm trying to communicate with a website and the site tells me my cookies are preventing it.

Cookies [ 3 Answers ]

Hello: Something's funny... I have Ace Utilities.. It's been the greatest utility I've ever had. When I clear my internet history, it also gives the option of clearing my cookies... And, THAT'S where I manage my cookies... Or, at least I DID.. Now, I can't get rid of them... Oh, they...

Cookies [ 2 Answers ]

Making cookies and need to know , my cookie recipe calls for a cup of butter and I have unsalted butter do I need to add salt to this recipe to make up for the salt that's not in my butter? Also how much thank you

Cookies [ 1 Answers ]

Does Cookies slow your computer down? Do I need to delete cookies and if so can someone please tell me how?

Where's the cookies ? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to log into my pay pal account for the first time. It says my browser has to accept cookies?? Can somebody let me know... where are the cookies? I thought it was a bad thing to allow. Many thanks :)

View more questions Search