Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    deannarose788 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 26, 2017, 03:21 PM
    Why isn't my letter being sent to a military base (US)?
    I’ve been sending letters to someone from NY to a military base in TX. Specifically Lackland. According to the person I’ve been sending letters to, they have not received any although I sent 2 letters, December 8th and December 18th. I was informed by the person that they have not received ANY letters yesterday, December 25th. The address is correct, it's the same address on the back of the envelope sent to me. Not only that, but even if it was a little off, the mail should be sent there anyway. The full address does contain the squadron number, the flight, etc. Letters have been sent to other addresses fine. I do not have certified mail. The person tells me that their flight gets mail calls and others have gotten mail and none from me. Not only that, but I’ve received many letters from the person already. The recent one was sent the 22nd and I got it this morning.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2017, 03:37 PM
    Must be in this format - last name FIRST? Dorm letter?
    Also December mail is slow for everyone. But the first one should have arrived.

AB Last Name, First Name, Middle Initial
    # # TRS / FLT # # # Dorm “letter” – # (the dorm letter is either A, B, C or D)
    1320 Truemper Street Unit 36 # # # #
    Lackland AFB, TX 78236 – # # # # (zip extension)

Did you send big cards? Stickers? Smiley faces? Dot i's with little hearts? If this person is a trainee, any tiny little added thing will get them raked over the coals, depending on the officer.
    Letters Must be rectangular.
    Minimum size is 5″ long x 3 1/2″ high x 0.007” thick.
    Maximum size of 11 1/2″ long x 6 1/8″ high x 1/4” thick.
    Maximum weight is 3.5 oz.
    A letter will be charged a nonmachinable surcharge if it’s a square letter 5″ x 5″ or larger, it doesn’t bend easily, has clasps or similar closure devices, has an address parallel to the shorter dimension of the letter, is lumpy, or the length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5.

Dec 26, 2017, 03:43 PM
    Exactly how I wrote it.

Dec 26, 2017, 03:53 PM
    I've been sending them with just plain, rectangle white envelope. Just plain black text, nothing on them besides the text. The stamps are just normal stamps, such as a stamp of the American flag.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 26, 2017, 04:59 PM
    Send one day for a week, just to see what happens.
    Can't think of anything else!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 26, 2017, 05:07 PM
    Of course US mail did not deliver on 25th, Christmas day,
    And with all the holiday mail, it can be delayed. Also mail to military can often take a week longer or so, it goes to the base, where it is then divided and sent to the unit.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2017, 04:56 PM
    There is no directly mail to an individual. It goes to the main base receiving office, is manually sorted, bundled , sent to the company, sorted by platoon(Army), given to platoon leader and then given at mail call. Sending mail is different, the PO picks up and goes from there.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bremerhaven germany military base [ 2 Answers ]

How can I obtain my birth certificate if I was born on Bremerhaven Germany military hospital?

Shoplifting on a military base [ 1 Answers ]

I was given a violation of shoplifting makeup ($22) from the PX on base. They took my mil Id and said I can't go in the Px for 6 months. They gave me a violation slip with a court date on it and I'm wondering if there will be further punishment in court. If so what will it be. I know there is a...

Looking for a movie starts in a desert military base and a virus escaped [ 1 Answers ]

The man escapes with wife and son but crash cause they are infected, there is a tiny black old lady on a farm with corn this crow who is the devil they have to load dead bodies up and there is trash truck full of dead bodies. Please if you know the name tell me

Possession of marijuana on military base [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I was given my ticket on May 30th for possession of a small amount of marijuana and on a US military base, absolute huge mistake. It is July 08 and I am waiting on my summons, but I will be out of town from July 14th to July 30th. My question is: how much time would the federal court...

Can I get a military base pass with a Bad Conduct Discharge? [ 3 Answers ]

I was wondering if having a BCD would prohibit me from getting a military base pass? My current job will involve me dealing with civilian contractors on several military bases. I will be sponsored by one of the companies currently doing business with the bases. I do not want to cause any...

View more questions Search