Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nookie46 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 12:33 PM
    Making son & daughter in law move out
    My 24 year old son, his wife & 1 1/2 year old baby have lived with me since Nov. of 2006, they were evicted from their apartment due to none payment of rent and had no where else to go so I (single mother who raised him) took them in. Since that period they have developed severe alcohol abuse problems and do not hold down jobs. They do not pay rent or any $ to me. In December they separated and my daughter in law & grandson went to stay with her parents, last week they got back together and again are staying with me. Her parents & I are financially taking care of the baby & 2 grown adults (24 & 23). They drink all day, make a mess of the house, no one helps me clean! And then they'll sleep it off, enough about that! I'm trying to find out if I have to legally evict them or if I can just order them to leave & to what measures I take to make it happen. I've told them they have 7 days to move out, but he doesn't take me seriously, knowing that I don't want him on the streets.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Apr 17, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Explain to them that they are grown adults and are responsible for another human beings life. You CAN call the cops if they won't leave but then it would probably lead to them losing their baby. Throw away alcohol if you see it in your house, and explain to them its disrespectful. How are they getting money to buy the alcohol anyway?
    MrsJoseph06 Posts: 189, Reputation: 22

Apr 17, 2007, 01:08 PM
    I'm sorry to hear your problem! I know it has to be hard to turn your back on your kid but some times that's just what you have to do! My parents took my sister and her husband and son in and they ened up living with them for 5 years and mooched off them the whole time! They were both unemployeed! My Mom always said that she couldent let her grandson live on the streets! But I think if they would have let them hit rock bottom than maybe they would have woken up! If your worried about the baby work something out with the other grandparents where you all can care for him. And Kick them out! Call the cops what ever you have to do! You are not doing them any favors by letting them stay! I don't know what the legal ramifications are but you have to do something! Good luck!!
    julie middleton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 10:02 AM
    My daughter told me she has made a arrangement to move out of my home and take her baby ,that I have taken care of sense she when back to work. That is fine, it hurts but I want them out now. How can I legally do that?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 11, 2008, 11:49 AM
    This is an old thread - this new comment should be on its own, not piggybacked.

You have to evict according to the laws in your State.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with daughter in law problem [ 75 Answers ]

I have a beautiful 19 month granddaughter that I dearly love and I love to spend time with her. The time I get to spend with her seems to me, is the time left over after everyone else. I have made plans for special outings on several occasions only to have them canceled at the last minute. If...

Difficult Daughter-in-Law [ 22 Answers ]

I need some advice. I have a granddaugher that lives in another state with her mother. My son (the father) is married and lives about 45 minutes from me. He was never married to his daughter's mother, and has never paid child support, but his daughter visits him every christmas and during the...

Daughter-in-law wants mom out [ 7 Answers ]

My mom has lived with my brother and his wife ever since they bought the house (almost 20 years). My mom is not listed as one of the legal owners. 1.Does she have any rights as to who can visit her and when? 2.Even if she does not pay rent, does she have at least some kind of legal protection...

New Law Passed on Move Away Custody Issues [ 2 Answers ]

I was told yesterday that there was a new law that was just passed on move away cases involving child custody. Can anyone enlighten me on this? I am in CA, but this could have been a federal court ruling. The law stated something about Primary Custodian not having to go through court to move the...

Ex wants to Move & Take Son [ 4 Answers ]

I live in CA (with my wife of 7 years, our 2 children, and my step-son) and I have joint legal and 33% physical custody of my 8 year-old son with my ex-girlfriend (even though I get him a lot more than 33%, that percentage is what is on the court orders). My ex recently married a man in the Army,...

View more questions Search