Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HollyLG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Homes for sale with tax liens #2
    So, if the person selling their house has a tax lien on the home then they have to pay those taxes in the closing fee. Got it. But, what happens if the home does not sell before the tax lien sale occurs? Can the tax lien still be up for auction? Wouldn't this stop the home from being sold?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 01:23 PM
    If the back taxes are not paid prior to the auction, the home can be sold.

But if there is a mortgage on the property, almost 99.9 percent of the time, as long as it is a bank or a commercial mortgage company, they come in at the last minute and pay the taxes, and then either force owner to pay or start their own foreclosures.

That is why you seldom see the large nicer homes actually sell at the auctions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Homes for sale with tax liens [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have just recently started to get into tax lien sales and I went by a few properties that are listed on the auction site and two of the properties with tax liens have for sale signs in their front yard. How can they sell their house if they owe taxes? Did they file for a lien discharge...

Old Tax Liens [ 1 Answers ]

I have some old state tax liens from an old business of mine from 10 years ago. Does anybody know a method how I can get these off my credit report.

Can I tell if there is a liens on income tax refund? [ 1 Answers ]

I may have defaulted on my student loan which I am trying to work out this coming Monday. But this weekend I am trying to file my income tax. My question is: how do I determine if there is a liens on my federal income tax by a creditor? Would I be notified if that is happened? Thank You

Old State tax liens [ 4 Answers ]

I have state tax liens from the state of Hawaii. They are twelve years old. Am I still liable for those? Thank you

Tax certificate liens [ 1 Answers ]

I'm just starting looking at different investments. Is anyone currently investing in tax certificate liens? What are the pros and cons?

View more questions Search