Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    weedytj Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 19, 2017, 10:01 PM
    2003 toyota echo backup lights not working
    I checked the fuse (which also controls the A/C,etc , all of which are working). I changed the bulbs. What else is there- I believe there is a switch just like the turn signals have a control switch ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 20, 2017, 01:45 PM
    There is a switch on the transaxle, usually at or near the swift quadrant box. Should see a connector with wires. Screws into the transaxle. Could also be a broken wire or loose connector. $25 or so for the switch.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Dec 22, 2017, 06:14 PM
    Simple electrical system means it will be a simple fault. Likely the Reverse Switch itself or a common ground. If you can't trace the power flow, I'd start with the switch.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turn siginal 2003 toyota echo [ 3 Answers ]

Right rear turn signal will not flicker. New bulb. With headlights on. Bulb does Light up, but will not flicker. With headlights off directional bulb will not light at all.

Car Light on 2003 Toyota Echo [ 7 Answers ]

Code PO303 Cylinder #3 not firing properly. Had replaced ignition. Coil and Plug on 10/06/2014 $565 Now 2017 can feel the hesitate. Engine light on. But when car warms up Car runs okay. Could it be the coil/spark plug again? Same Cylinder. Wonder why is disappears. Cars years ago the plug stay...

2003 toyota echo plastic bumper [ 1 Answers ]

On the passenger side the molded bumper unsnapped from a plastic railing. It has no damaged. It just un -poped. I wonder how to connect the bumper back On the plastic bracket? Its about a 1" away from the bracket. But I don't see how It connects??

2003 toyota echo [ 1 Answers ]

Is the spare tire rim 14" like the rest of the rims on the car. I know the tire is smaller. But is the rim the same as the other rims. Rim on car is bent. Unable to find rim anywhere. Not in stock

View more questions Search