Ask
    JManalastas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2017, 10:47 PM
    How to be an effective virtual assistant
    Any one give tips on how to be an effective General Virtual Assistant
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 17, 2017, 03:53 AM
    If you just google the term, much is already written on this subject.
    I personally don't see many companies hiring them these days, and ways to work as one as scams to get a fee out of you.
    I wouldn't put high hopes in it. It's mostly used for highly skilled professionals, usually in accounting areas, but if I were hiring, I would go straight to a company that specializes in the particular skill I need. I suppose CSR jobs can be hired through VA agencies, but that means they aren't knowledgeable about the company product. And really, how is a VA any different from a CSR who isn't in-house? A very few CSRs are allowed to work from home after years of experience, because they don't have to be in the room with more experienced employees.

Here's someone who sounds more hopeful than I do. I say you can ignore the 'up to $60/hr' part of the title.
    I think a lot of it makes it sound easier than it is. https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make...tant-services/

The one time in my life that I came close to this was decades ago. I made a mailing list for a company in Excel and sorted it different ways, including one to weed out all the duplicates. A one time job that I charged by the item for, and made a good amount.

But who even has a hand written mailing list anymore? That example no longer exists. As business software becomes easier and easier to use, such jobs are fewer and fewer.

What this all boils down to is my belief that a virtual assistant is something of a dinosaur.

What are your skills?
    Is someone trying to get you to pay for the chance to get a job? DON'T pay a dime

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adding my Virtual XP machine to the domain on my virtual server issues! [ 20 Answers ]

OK. Here is the deal. As many of you may or may not have realized by now, I utilize the features of M$ VPC 2007. I currently have Windows Server 2003 installed and running. I have created a domain on this server and desiganted this VPC as the domain controller hence AD was installed. My domain name...

Virtual Assistant [ 4 Answers ]

Since at home typist jobs are apparently non-existent, can anyone point me in the right direction to becoming a Virtual Assistant?:)

View more questions Search