Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gentleman2222 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2017, 03:47 PM
    Where can I go to find business information?
    I have a list of companies with sales in the $5-10M range and I would like to determine whether each company possesses the characteristics shown below. What source or database can I use (preferably free) to determine this?
    Recurring, high margin, growing
    Diverse (customers, products & markets)
    EBITDA margin of >15%
    Growing or stable industry that is not cyclical in nature (how “recession-proof” is this industry)
    Fragmented competitive landscape
    Low threat of external shocks – technological, regulatory, legal, environmental, fashion, etc.
    Simple, understandable operations
    High return on invested capital
    Identifiable areas of improvement
    Underfollowed or misunderstood in the industry
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 12, 2017, 05:57 PM
    Half of those attributes won't be in anyone's database. They are too vague and subjective and changeable over time.
    Second, you are asking for two very nearly impossible attributes: good solid bet for growth and stability, yet underfollowed, etc. There are hundreds of investors who have already identified such gems, and they aren't going to disclose them unless they want to hype the stock to increase it's price.
    They do it with diligence and lots of work.
    You can find out a lot about companies by joining a large fund like Vanguard (as I suggested before).
    They have some of this list in their database.

Going by this list isn't going to guarantee a return on your investment.
    It's like buying SCUBA gear and jumping into the middle of the ocean in a typhoon.

Immerse yourself in TV - CNBC and Bloomberg. Follow all the investment blogs. Motley Fool, etc. Read about new companies as they appear on fund pages (again, Vanguard, Fidelity, Schwab, etc). Look at Morningstar. Call Jim Kramer's live show at 6 pm, LOL.

You MUST make this a full time job at first. Actually I don't know anyone who succeeds any other way, forever. Unless you take investing as a long term deal, picking a diverse group of stocks that you feel good about and have researched thoroughly, and you can afford to weather all the storms, BUY INTO A FUND and let others do the work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am looking for Yahoo business contact information. [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to have the direct phone number to Yahoo business account, any ideas?

Is Withholding Information in business a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

There is this health insurance company, and they get money by this other insurance company. But the other company has many flaws, and the workers of the health insurance company are not allowed to point them out. They can't because it makes the company look bad, even though the other company could...

Business Information Technology Management [ 2 Answers ]

I am reli confuse about this case study I got on my subject.It is related to IT and management.so I decided to post the question here. Here's my problem: You have a small loan from your bank that you have used to set up a small business that buys and sells antiques. Ninety percent of your...

Get Information About Our Business Out Into the World [ 2 Answers ]

HI MY NAME IS TONIA , I we are trying to start a business and we are fellions so if you can help me . I am trying to get are handman business out in the world so if you can please help me can you please get back to me on this as soon as you can tonia :confused: SO if you can please help me...

View more questions Search