Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    guyngarr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:38 AM
    Lease to purchase contracts
    Lessor states on contract that she is responsible for insurance, comes back 2 weeks later to say we need to get insurance on a lease to purchase!! Can you even get insurance on a lease to purchase property?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 12:22 PM
    No, you have to own the property to have insurance on the property, they may require you to have a renters policy ( if it is in the agreement)
    And you want one anyway, since you want the liablity and coverage on your belongings in the home.

I would guess what has happened, is the Lessor did not know that insurance on a rental house is about twice as much as on a home you live in,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Baseball contracts [ 2 Answers ]

I am needing to know if a baseball player can sign a major league contract for any time frame including less than a year? Is there any rule, policy, etc. against his doing so?

No contracts.. [ 4 Answers ]

My workplace is just getting quieter and queter. The boss has already got rid of someone as he isn't making enough money to cover his wages. He cut this guys wages, so he left. He was bascially trying to get rid of him. A lot of people are leaving and now there are only a few of us left. What...

Land Contracts [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to sell my house for six months now. My realtor's agreement is about to expire, so I thought of listing the property myself as I can sell it for less without the realtor fee. I was considering to advertise it with a land contract to attract more prospective buyers. I...

Apartment contracts [ 10 Answers ]

We have lived in our apartment for 27 years. We have new owners and they want us to sign a new contract. The contract states that we will be financially responsible for all repairs due to the apartment and if repairs are not made that they have the right to take personal possessions from your...

Execution of valid contracts [ 7 Answers ]

My question is: When one of the parties to a contract is a corporation, must an officer or agent of the corporation actually subscribe his or her signature to the document? More specifically, if a duly authorized agent or officer of a corporation merely stamped the written contract with a symbol...

View more questions Search