Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dianem1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2017, 03:23 PM
    Calorimetry
    I did an experiment using a calorimeter to determine the energy produced when certain salts are mixed with water. How do you calculate the energy absorbed when mixing salts with water that produce an endothermic reaction, make thing the water cold, but with regards to calorimetry? I don't know how to get the energy but I know how to get the molar enthalpy, but I am still confused, if I calculate just for energy using q=mct I feel like I'm not taking into consideration everything regarding calorimetry.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 12, 2017, 09:33 PM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1ySx-gfvjs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Calorimetry [ 1 Answers ]

A 56.3g sample of water was heated to 51.2 C and added to 45.8 g of 20.3 C water in a calorimeter, calculate the final temperature of the resulting solution. Okay I can do that... 37.3 C But then assume the final temp were 34.7 C instead. How much heat was lost to the calorimeter?...

Thermodynamics/Calorimetry Practice Problems [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if someone might be able to check my answers to some thermo questions: 1. A 625 mL sample of water was cooled from 50 C to 10 C. How much heat was lost? My Answer: -104500 J 2. How many joules are required to change the temperature of 60g of water from 23.3 C to 38.3 C?...

View more questions Search