Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gentleman2222 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2017, 02:09 PM
    Where do you suggest putting some cash in the US?
    Where do you suggest putting some cash in the US for interest yield but without the risk of stocks, mutual funds or ETF?
    Where do you suggest putting some cash in the US for interest yield but without the risk of stocks, mutual funds or ETF?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Dec 10, 2017, 02:11 PM
    Under your mattress..
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 10, 2017, 03:02 PM
    You limited yourself to Interest. Only thing paying some interest, other than Mutual fund Money Markets, are CD's. Did you look at I bonds?
    Best CD Rates – Compare CD Rates at Bankrate.com
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 10, 2017, 03:26 PM
    Real estate.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2017, 05:49 AM
    Stock market is where all the returns are (but not just any stocks), CD's and savings aren't paying much at all.. real-estate in the right markets will get a return but its risky because those markets have been really hot the last few years and might peak out soon. Bonds, are due to take a nose dive because as the economy continues to thrive, interest rates are due to start rising, and that drives down bonds.

You really should be asking a Financial Advisor these questions....
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 11, 2017, 07:20 AM
    If someone comes to a site on the internet to ask random strangers where to put money, he or she isn't going to know how to choose a financial adviser. At least we don't charge for being just as right or wrong as the paid adviser.

ALL investment takes study, lots and lots of it. You really should consider ETFs.

The shortest study of something with the best POSSIBLE return above 1% with the LEAST risk is a large, popular fund like Vanguard or Fidelity. You can google 'top funds' to see where the money is pouring in from those in the know. I've done that in the past with good results.

We don't hear about the millions of little Bernie Madoffs. But I have a friend who gave every penny she had to one who ran off with it. He went to jail briefly, but they let him out so that he can work and the FBI attaches his earnings. My friend gets a small Treasury check every month. She'll never get it all back (and he could stop working and go back to jail), but it's something.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 11, 2017, 09:44 AM
    Where do you suggest putting some cash in the US?

That would greatly depend for me where your money is coming from. Care to share?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Journalize recorded cash from cash clients foe fees earned [ 1 Answers ]

I need to journalize an accounting entry and need to know what to debit and what to credit. The entry is: recorded cash from cash clients for fees earned for the period July 25-31 $5,200

The brandy company acquires $1400 cash from creditors and $1,800 cash from investors [ 0 Answers ]

The brandy company acquires $1400 cash from creditors and $1,800 cash from investors (stockholders). The company then has an operating loss of $2,000 cash and goes out of business, a) what amount of cash will brandy’s creditors receive? b) What amount of cash will brandy’s...

Cashclearing for windwardsoftware .my bank cash recd does not equal my cash clearing [ 0 Answers ]

My cash clearing account in windward software Does not equal my cash recd at the bank What could be the problem?

During 2011 Thomas earned $36,000 of cash revenue, paid $20,000 for cash expenses, a [ 2 Answers ]

As of December 31, 2010, Thomas Company had total assets of $156,000, total liabilities of $85,600, and common stock of $52,400. During 2011 Thomas earned $36,000 of cash revenue, paid $20,000 for cash expenses, and paid a $2,000 cash dividend to the stockholders.

View more questions Search