Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Starbuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 11:27 AM
    How do you locate someone's current employer?
    My ex moved out of state and claims to be unemployed to avoid his child support obligations. How do you go about finding someone's current employer? I have been unable to get a response from my state's office of child support.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 19, 2007, 07:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck
    My ex moved out of state and claims to be unemployed to avoid his child support obligations. How do you go about finding someone's current employer? I have been unable to get a response from my state's office of child support.
    Maybe the attorney who helped you with the divorce could help. I don't know but might not hurt to ask.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 19, 2007, 08:32 PM
    Of course if you have the money you hire a PI to follow him and report as to where he is working.
    richcali Posts: 22, Reputation: 5

Apr 19, 2007, 10:00 PM
    If you have his social security number then I think a private investigator would not charge much to do a check possibly through IRS? It would be worth checking how much they would charge and if the SS# would help.
    LADYDAY2U Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 20, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Is There Any Sits On Here Free Of Charge Where You Can Find Out Someone's Employer? All The Sites I've Gone To Is Either A Pay Site Or One That Has You Sign Up For Offers Before You Can Get Any Information.
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

May 23, 2007, 10:33 AM
    I believe the only way to locate someone's employer is to run a social security check. Employers are required to report on their employees quarterly. But even employers don't always go by the rules. Besides following him or having followed to find out where he works anyway.
    vlad32 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2008, 11:56 AM

You should try to call NEW HIRE REPORTING at 1-800-627-3880. This is only for Child Support.
    IdahoLabor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2008, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad32 View Post
    You should try to call NEW HIRE REPORTING at 1-800-627-3880. This is only for Child Support.
    Calling this number will not result in information regarding individual employers. This number is exclusive to the state of Idaho and used by businesses to report new hires to the Idaho Department of Labor. By law, the information provided through this line is confidential and if any employee or agent of the state violates the confidentiality law, he or she will be charged with a crime.

Information collected by the Idaho Department of Labor on new hires is transmitted to the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare who in turn, forwards it to the ‘National Directory of New Hires.' For more information, contact your local department of Health and Welfare.
    Bimmeraddict Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2008, 11:23 PM

Yeah you need to pay to get ss scan... this will also reveal the address he calls home..

However if he is working under the table... your screwed

If he has applied for credit lately a credit bureau may reveal this employer info?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I garnish someone's wages? [ 5 Answers ]

I won a judgement from an individual (whom won't pay). How do I start the process of garnishing his wages?

Anyone someone's got to know This is driving me mad [ 5 Answers ]

Can Anyone Help Me For 4 Long Years I Have Been Trying To Find Out The Name And The Artist For A Song I Heard At A Party. The Lyrics Are Broken At Best But Most Of It Goes Dear Mother Dear Father Living In This Hell I Breathe For You Believer Deciever... ... Dear Mother Dear Father

Trying to locate [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Diana. I am trying to locate two individuals Anna Marie Anderson born July 26, 1982 and Elizabeth Geneviera Anderson born July 28, 1975. Both girls were 5 years old at the time of the adoptions. Their mother constance j anderson has not seen her daughters in over 20+ years. I am hoping...

Feeling better off someone's pain? [ 9 Answers ]

Has anyone else ever felt a little relieved to know their ex is hurting as much/more than you. Or the opposite, gotten upset when it appears that their ex is not hurting as much as you? I feel bad thinking about this, but it seems to make me feel better when I know she is upset. I'm sure she is...

Find someone's past years wages [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway for someone to find out someone else's past years wages?

View more questions Search