Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nypeck Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2017, 06:49 AM
    How do I remove my Dad's name from Warranty Deed w/RLU?
    I have a Warranty Deed with my Dad Retaining Life Use-RLU. He recently passed.
    How d I change the Deed, to remove his name from the Deed?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 9, 2017, 07:28 AM
    You report his death to whomever issued you the warranty and request his name be removed. All you should need is a death certificate and make sure he didn't pass his share on to any one else. If he had a will then the terms of the will take precedent.

Did he?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 9, 2017, 07:48 AM
    Contact the company with the warranty deed. You will most likely have to provide a death certificate. I am sorry for your loss.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2017, 09:38 AM
    Sorry folks, deeds are changed at town/city/state deed offices. And the wording of the deed determines who gets ownership, not the will.
    You need a notarized death certificate. Call and ask if they need an original or copy. Some allow for a copy if you file within 6 months of the person's death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove ill mother as grantee in a general warranty deed life estate? [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a home in Ohio 2003 and established a Life Estate (General Warranty Deed) with my mother as the grantee. She is now living in a nursing home with Alzheimers. Can I remove her as grantee? And how do I do this? I am trying to refinance my home and cannot as the Life estate is a barrier....

Limited warranty deed vs. A general warranty deed [ 1 Answers ]

I am buying a piece of property in order to build a home on in the future. The seller will be providing a Limited Warranty Deed vs. a General Warranty Deed. Is a lender or bank going to have a problem with this when I go to get my construction loan? Is there something I should know or ask before...

Difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the difference between a warranty deed and a limited warranty deed?

View more questions Search