Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kamalwadaich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2017, 03:36 AM
    Property Received by Will?
    Is any property received by any will considered to be self-acquired property or inherited in India?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 9, 2017, 02:56 PM
    I'm not in India, and haven't seen anyone from there in a while here, but I'm 99.999999999% sure that a 'will' anywhere in the world automatically means 'inheritance.'
    Whether you owe a tax on it will need to be determined locally. Sometimes there are 2 taxes.
    In the US, the amount of tax, if any, requires formally determining the fair market value of the property at time of death.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Property sold as short sale - Received a 1099-S form - Do I file with my tax return? [ 2 Answers ]

As a pre-foreclosure, approved to sale property as short sale. The property sold and I only signed paperwork through the mortgage co for the sale. I received no funds from this sale as it sold for substantially lower than what was owed to the mortgage co. I received a 1099-S in the mail. The...

I received 1099-Misc stating I have received payment of $2,000 in 2010. [ 2 Answers ]

I received form 1099-Misc stating that I have received $2,000 in wages or compensation in 2010. I am not self-employed; have not provided wages individually and am confused about the receipt of this form. How do I find out who reported that they paid me $2,000 for services and how do I correct...

What to do with 1099A I received tru abandonment of the property [ 2 Answers ]

I received 1099A, the reason was abandonment of the property and the FMV is much lesser than the Original loan.Am I going to be tax on the difference which is about 250K.

Willing inherited property I haven't received yet [ 2 Answers ]

My father died in 2005 and made a will out stating property that he haves and any property that he has conjointly. But his mother is still living and she has her will made out with him receiving property. The one that he will made out to will they come in on his mother will.

View more questions Search