Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2017, 10:14 AM
    Ceiling Fan
    Ceiling fan light works okay with the pump chain.
    But the fan unit pull chain doesn’t activate the fan.
    Maybe a loose connection or fan motor bad?
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 6, 2017, 02:07 PM
    Could be a loose wire on the power feed or switch, a bad switch or fan motor. Check to see if there is power to the motor. Single or double wall switch?
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2017, 02:57 PM
    Single. Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2017, 03:20 PM
    You'll know better after you have climbed the ladder and checked it out.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling bowing and nail heads exposed on ceiling & walls [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 61 year old rambler. It's developing cracks in the walls. But the biggest concern is the bowing in the ceiling, exposed nail heads. I'm not sure what to do next? Thanks

New ceiling light has black, white, red and ground wire. Ceiling wires are... [ 5 Answers ]

Black, white and ground. What do I do with the extra red wire in the new light kit? I didn't have a ceiling fan nor do I want one. Thanks.

Hunter ceiling fan adding remote control, extra ceiling wire. [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding a Hunter remote control to my exsisting Hunter ceiling fan. All the wires match from the remote to the fan, and I've hooked them up perfectly. My confusion comes from the ceiling wires to the remote. My ceiling has 3 wires: white, grey and red. The remote only has two wires to hook them...

My house has cracks in walls and ceiling; one ceiling crack is 1/4" wide. [ 4 Answers ]

The house is on cement slab, about ten years old.

Trying to wire ceiling fan switch and 2-3way light switches for ceiling lht/fan combo [ 5 Answers ]

I have 1 single pole switch for fan, and 2 three way switches to run light only. The power in is by the double box that will house the fan switch and the #1 light 3way. The other box houses the other three way switch. My fan switch is turning the light on and off, the three ways are doing nothing....

View more questions Search