Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tabzywabzy2011 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2017, 09:17 AM
    Tabzywabzy
    Hello all.

This is my first ever lost and recently joined, the subject is some what embarrassing so please have a little thought and consideration to my circumstance.
    Since the birth of my third child I have become addicted to to nightly masturbation whilst my husband sleeps, I have since become rejective towards my husband's advances, as soon as he is sleeping I will continuously masturbate for approximately 4-6 hours.
    Please help.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2017, 10:36 AM
    Men have the same problem, so you are not alone and hardly the only woman in your situation. Let me ask if you are afraid to become pregnant again to start with just for some insights into your own hopes and fears? Most addictions start in the mind, and are but a symptom of a more urgent problem that needs addressing. It's no secret that most addictions start with a NEED to feel good, and escalates out of control and become difficult to manage without help. Lets face it who wants to stop a feel good, whether its drinking or gambling, or anything that we NEED for the feel good even after it becomes unmanageable?

Some can get help from a support group, which can be hard to find, so you must look for them in your area and MAYBE your doctor can you a referral for a therapist to help you get to the very elusive ROOT CAUSE of your addiction. I bring in the clinical aspect because many first time moms and even veterans of many childbirths can suffer from all kinds of different levels of depression. Something to consider and explore, but don't just blow it off, as depression can be at the root cause of many addicts who have been through trauma, or life changing events and circumstances. So it's important to get to that root cause and learn the best way to manage it.

For now I can only suggest the counsel of a close TRUSTED friend whose wisdom you respect, as well as an honest talk with your doctor or oby/gyn who understand the unique stresses of giving birth for the first time, if you cannot share this with your husband at this time. Hopefully you will be able to once you learn how.

May I ask your age(s) and how long since you gave birth? Thanks in advance for your input and feedback, and rest assured no one will judge you or your dilemma. Half the country suffers from various levels of addictions and bad habits and it's important to understand you are not ALONE in this.

You came to the right place.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search