Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2017, 08:25 AM
    PayPal fake sites?
    I have a PayPal problem and would like to know how to tell if the site for
    PayPal that I'm on is real and not fake.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 6, 2017, 08:40 AM
    Look in your address bar. If the address begins with https it should be safe. If it is only http without the “s” it is fake.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 6, 2017, 11:09 AM
    Never click on a link in your emails. Use and store your own links to sites that are important to you in your browser. Also check the address of the sender, and you will have a good idea if it's legit or not.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 6, 2017, 07:35 PM
    How to check a TLS cert in Chrome
    I believe you're asking if a website is legit or not, so here is some info to add to and clarify the previous answers.
    Not knowing what browser you are using, I will assume Google Chrome for the sake of this example. The other browsers make it much easier to get the info than Google does.

1. Enable a flag to show the security certificate
      Visit the URL: chrome://flags/#show-cert-link
      Name:  pp3.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  33.2 KB
    2. Close Chrome and re-open for the flag to take effect
    3. Go to the PayPal website you are suspicious of and click on the Site Information
      Name:  pp2.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  31.0 KB
    4. Click on "Valid" underneath "Certificate"
      Name:  pp5.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  39.2 KB
    5. Verify that the certificate indeed belongs to PayPal
      Name:  pp4.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  62.0 KB
    6. Done

The other browsers should allow you to see the certificate by just starting at step 3.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do people call me fake... what is fake... [ 6 Answers ]

There are so many things that people want, I for one want things as well. But lately I've questioned things because I feel that the posibility of me faking what I want is just around the corner. That sounds weird, but I often ask myself what do I really want... when I hang with friends, I...

I am adding 10 more sites to my RV Park. The sites are in one row with 100 amp [ 1 Answers ]

I am adding 10 more RV spaces to my RV Park and am estimating costs. The 10 sites are in one row and each provides 20,30, and 50 amp service. The actual amperage used is usually evenly distributed between those customers using either 30 or 50 amp service but not both. 20 amp is used for a 13 watt...

Punishment in using fake name and fake passport [ 1 Answers ]

My husband change his name so he can married another woman which working in italy. I am eager to know what proper action I need to take for them. Thank you...

Orkut & most of the sites are blocked in uae, how can I open those sites [ 1 Answers ]

I cannot open most of the sites, even the proxy sites

Problem Removing Sites From IE6 Restricted Sites Zone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently removed all of the entries that SpywareBlaster v3.5.1 had automatically loaded into my restricted sites zone on IE6 browser and I noticed that there were still two sites that weren't deleted in the process. I then remembered that I had manually added them to the restricted...

View more questions Search