Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tableclocks Posts: 432, Reputation: 2

Dec 4, 2017, 07:52 PM
    Dishwasher leaks on fill up
    Whirlpool gold,W10632081a, a few years old, controls on the top of the door, leaks bad, all of the water on fill up, it is not the fill hose, looks like its coming from somewhere about the center of underside, pleas help if you can, thank you, richard
    follow up, i just dumped about 12 ounces of water in the bottom with it off and the water ran right through, from in the center it looks like
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2017, 09:06 PM
    Does it leak after it is filled? While running? Center would be pump body, gasket or drain line. If only on filling and no other time is is fill line, possibly fill solenoid.

Dec 4, 2017, 09:47 PM
    I just dumped 12 ozs of water in it with it off, the water ran right from in the center some where

It leaks out while filling as fast as it go in just about it runs out
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2017, 07:16 AM
    Hole in bottom, drain hose or pump body has a hole in it. You will need to pull the unit out and look.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 5, 2017, 06:02 PM
    Well Tableclocks we will need a lot of input to help you, since you will have to pinpoint the site of the leak. If it's sleaking at the top from the buttons when its on, the REPAIRCLINIC site suggests the arm assembly is cracked or loose spraying water to the top of the dishwasher. But if you can get a puddle from pouring water into it when its off, then you may have a faulty sealor other problems.

Go through these sites and get back with us becaue we can't see or check anything only you can.

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...rea-DU840SWPU0

https://www.repairclinic.com/RepairH...washer-leaking

And of course checkout these videos to helpyou find the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQWIOBvC2XU

I await to see what you have found and maybe we can go from there.

Dec 24, 2017, 09:17 AM
    It was a mouse, he ate the gromet between the motor and punp
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2017, 10:45 AM
    Interesting follow up. Rodents are notorious for chewing things. A: Friend found a Beaver had chewed through the rubber diaphragm on his older boat outdrive, sank the boat. B: Couple of years ago, son bought a house and inspection stated large leak in DW. After closing, pulled the DW and found a rat had chewed through the top of the DW when the house was vacant for 9 months. I shaped a piece of aluminum, epoxied it over the hole, pop riveted it on and DW still runs fine. Saved a couple hundred $$. C: Squirrel climbed onto the engine of my dad's LTD. Chewed plug wires, fuel line and other wires. PIA!! I use a Winchester .177 air powered SBCD (selective birth control device).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher caused sink next to it to fill with water and also dishwasher won't drain [ 2 Answers ]

I think my title says it all... I ran the dishwasher and the sink next to it (which happens to be side connected to the garbage disposal) filled up with water. The dishwasher also leaked at the end because the water overflowed onto the floor... dishwasher did not drain itself. I emptied the...

665.16293400 dishwasher kenmore won't fill? [ 1 Answers ]

Kenmore elite dishwasher won't fill MOD. # 665.16293400

Dishwasher won't fill with water [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool DU8500Xx-3 dishwasher that is approx 16 years old and has been very reliable all of these years (not a single repair! ). Recently, the dishwasher will not fill with water when we turn it on to clean dishes. Is anyone familiar with this problem and how to fix it? Also -...

Dishwasher won't fill [ 3 Answers ]

My dishwasher dosen' fill with enough water (it used to!) and the result is dishes that are not clean. I can tell when it's running with out enough water because it make a growling or grinding sort of noise. If I'm available, I can dump hot water in to fill it and then it works just fine till the...

Dishwasher won't fill [ 1 Answers ]

My dishwasher will not fill is there anything I can do at home to fix this problem or should I throw it out?

View more questions Search