Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas900 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2017, 03:12 PM
    Can buprenorphine be passed from person to person thur oral sex or by having sex? Or
    My hubby tested positive for buprenorphine at his doctors office visit He has not ever taken it, Can this be passed thue oral sex, salvia, something? Or is it his medications causing a false positive? We are so confused, please help.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2017, 04:12 PM
    No... it can't be passed along. I think the likelihood is someone's not being completely honest. As far as other medications...every test I've taken (random job or pre-employment screening) have required I list medications I was taking.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 4, 2017, 05:25 PM
    What did the conformation test show?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 4, 2017, 06:42 PM
    Suboxone, Zubslov, and Bunavail contains both buprenorphine and the opiate antagonist naloxone. Naloxone has been added to guard against intravenous abuse of buprenorphine by individuals physically dependent on other opiates. If misused by injection, the naloxone (along with the buprenorphine itself) will help cause immediate withdrawal in physically dependent people, however when taken as directed, the naloxone is not well absorbed and is considered clinically insignificant.

No, it is most likely from taking it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Dec 4, 2017, 07:31 PM
    False postitives can happen, so I would suggest that he get re-tested if he's being 100% honest about not taking it. Otherwise, if it's not a false positive, he's taking it. There's no other way for it to get into his system.

He should have been required to give a list of all prescription medications he's taking, so the facility that did the testing would know if a positive came from any of those meds. Is there any medication he's taking that he didn't notify them about?

I just looked at other questions posted by this poster. This is the 3rd post about a urine test coming back positive for buprenorphine. The first was posted in mid November.

To the poster, has your husband had 3 different tests that came back positive, or is this new and latest thread still about the test that was mentioned in your first and second thread?
    thomas900 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2017, 08:12 PM
    No this is only test he has taken, urine test, and yes they know his meds except some pain lotions he puts on his hamstring. I know he has not taken any subs, he is too scared of any meds he has to take. Honest, that's y I am so confused about this test, I think maybe they got u,a tests mixed up,but of course they would not admit it at all if so. Thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it illegal to use a credit card from a person who has passed away [ 7 Answers ]

Even after the owner of the company I work for passed away a few months ago the genreal manager is still using his credit cards and telling us who work in the office and that answer incoming calls if calls come from a creditor or vendor just tell them he is not in the office at this time and take a...

What do I have to do to look at a person's will after they have passed away? [ 3 Answers ]

It has come to my attention that my sister-in-law has been actively hiding money from my brother in preparation for divorce. He has handed over all his financial information to her lawyers and she claims to have done the same, but there are some big, gaping, holes in her "records". The biggest...

We have a 4 person joint business account @ Wells. 1 person is expecting a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

Oregon Can a creditor levy a joint business account if only one person has a judgement against them? The person who will have the judgement against them is listed as '%25 owner' on bank acct. documents. Our lawyer said to find out how we are titled on the account so we can see if the account is...

Whow can I report a person who charge a person to make him a ligal person in the usa [ 3 Answers ]

A woman that married an illigal immigrant to get him his resident card by charging him money they bught a house under bouth names to present to immigration that they are living together but the truth is they live separe he lives with the mother of his children and she lives with her grilfrien she...

Does anyone know if a person has passed on [ 1 Answers ]

I really need to know whether my babay brother really died at birth or did my mom hush it up he was born in the uk northumberland between 1966-69 his name ay birth was john guy please put my mind at rest I am at my wits end looking

View more questions Search