Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swamy91192 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2017, 02:03 AM
    French Nationality
    Hi,

My father was born in 1913, Pondicherry. We have his birth certificate with us and also an identity certificate(Certificat D'Identite) issued by French. I am born in the year 1957. Is there a way I can reach out to get French Nationality?

Please suggest.

Regards
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 4, 2017, 07:49 AM
    Contact a French Embassy near you.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2017, 04:17 PM
    Most countries have done away with this ancestral parentage crap because it was being abused far too often (particularly Europe). They all have cutoff points which usually end in early adulthood. But since they are always in flux, as was mentioned, you need to contact an Embassy of the country in question, because what might have been allowed even a year ago, might no longer be allowed this year.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2017, 06:56 PM
    How to Get U.S.-France Dual Citizenship | USA Today

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

French nationality reg [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I am also in the same situation . My grandfather worked for french army in the second world war and he got "CARTE DE COMBATTANT " card and now my father and myself are trying to get the french nationality .My grandfather enjoyed french benefits like old age pension and other pensions and he did...

French nationality [ 1 Answers ]

Hello sir My father father born in pondicherry (french colleny) in 1932 and he married in 1961 , I born in 1964 can I get french citizenship now .

Can French citizen applying for US citizenship keep French nationality too? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I am a French citizen with a green card since 1997, that I obtained through marriage. I have been living in the US since then and I would like to apply to a US citizenship but keep my French citizenship as well. Is this possible? Also, I am now separated from my husband. Can I...

View more questions Search