Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hailey2327 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2017, 10:25 AM
    Stay or Go
    I have currently being working a Company A for 2 1/2 years. About a year ago, I applied for another position at Company B, due to a horrible boss and hostile work environment. Company B did not hire me, so I've have stay at Company A hoping it will get better and it has.

That boss has since left and things have been looking up. I enjoy going to work and working with everyone I work with. Things have done a complete 180 to where I would not look for another job.

Company B calls me out of the Blue and offers me the position I applied for a year ago. I was so excited more money better hours etc...So I accepted the position due to more money. Not really thinking about the commute (30 min drive opposed to a 5 min drive) or anything else.

I have put my two week notice in for Company A. I have been training at Company B at nights and I don't think its the place for me. I have one week left of my two week notice and most likely Company A would be more than happy to let me stay. What do I do?
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 2, 2017, 11:23 AM
    What do you want to do, and why? What if you have another terrible boss at company A again, and the work environment becomes unbearable? What if the work environment of company B gets worse when a terrible boss takes over? My point is that things can change for better or worse wherever you go, so being happy, and satisfied forever is unrealistic at best.

Only you an say if the lure of more money is worth the commute to a new company, or the closeness and familiarity of the old job is best at this time. Which one gives you the best chance to build a life that you enjoy? Are you so sure company A will welcome you with open arms if you decide to return. Or that B will embrace you for wasting their time with your training?

I think you should decide what you want for yourself and make a choice. My choice would be the one that offered the best money, AND career opportunities for the FUTURE, despite whatever changes, or challenges (RISKS) that happen to come with the territory. Where do you see yourself at both companies in the future? Which will make YOU the happiest?

Hope that helps you make a decision based on FACTS, and not just feelings.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 2, 2017, 03:12 PM
    OK, I'll go the other way and say stay. (It's what I was going to say anyway.)
    Why? I LOVE short commutes.
    And you know you are happy where you are.

I have an old trick of flipping a coin. The instant the coin lands, ask yourself, in that split second, if you are happy or sad at the side it landed on.
    There's your answer.
    Your mind has to be clear and open for your own feelings for it to work.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bradfordwhite hot water will not stay lit it will relight OK but might stay for 5 day [ 2 Answers ]

Hot water heater stays lit for 5 days or maybe 3hrs I can relight it OK but won't stay lit.

I stay only one or two second during intercource. How to stay long [ 2 Answers ]

I am a men of 32 years. I stay only one or two second during intercource. How to stay long(at least 5 minuets)

Does rum stay stay in your system longer [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 1 litre of rum and a beer 31 hours ago just did a alcohol test? Is it still in my system and the urine test is not a EtG there were times I drank 12 hours before and it was still negetive just want to make sure

This is okay? Ill just stay decide to leave you but stay with you for 8 months [ 11 Answers ]

Let me quote this from another thread... She didn't just wake up and change her mind, she has thought of this for a long time. YOU are the one who is just finding out. To make things worse, I have strong evidence that she has entered a rebound relationship, with a guy she met only 3 days...

View more questions Search