Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Filipa Castro Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 30, 2017, 03:52 AM
    Can I be pregnant?
    Hello.
    So I got my period on the 13th of this month, until the 18th.
    Iam on birth control and started a new pack on the 17th.
    Had unprotected sex on the 18th...
    My next period is on December 11.
    Yesterday when whiping myself, a mucus appeared with a little bit of a reddish/brown. I have read that can be related to pregnancy, now I feel paranoid.
    Can I be pregnant? Please help.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 30, 2017, 04:42 AM
    You can always get pregnant when you have sex, pills or not (very low odds on the pill), but the bit of mucus and blood do not mean you ARE pregnant.
    It is very common to have a mid-cycle discharge, and this is what yours sounds like. From the 13th to the 29th is 16 days. That's 'middle' enough.
    Try not to say when your next period is as though it's 100% truth - even on the pill, it can vary.

The word 'Mittelschmerz' is German for the symptoms of mid-cycle. Have fun reading!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 30, 2017, 07:28 PM
    If you're on birth control then you didn't have unprotected sex, unless you missed or skipped a pill. Is that what happened?

Discharge between cycles is very normal, and happens to all of us at one time or another. But, having said that, pregnancy is always a possibility, even with birth control, no form of birth control is 100% effective.

Wait until your next period is due. If you miss it, wait at least a week (2 is better) and then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait and see what happens with your next period. If you miss it then take another test or see a doctor for a more accurate blood test.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

I'm an adult and possibly pregnant--parents will kill me if I'm pregnant [ 11 Answers ]

Well I'm in my mid 20's still studying in a relationship (not engaged or married) have been together almost a year don't live together. My parents are very religious and my sister is their golden child she dated her now husband for many years before he proposed and even though they've been married...

3 faint positive pregnant.test 2 negative -am I pregnant [ 6 Answers ]

I have taken 5 pregnancy test 3 (were pos.)of which are the same brand and the other two are the same. I had actually thrown the positive ones in the trash before they turned positive. They are faint lines but noticeable. I had one day of brown discharge the day before I expected my period which...

Could I be pregnant even after negative pregnant test when nuvaring taken out early? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a question to ask: So here's the history.I had a period and went to the OBGYN so that I could start Birth control. I started the Nuvaring in on September 1st, which was the last day of my period, I had gotten it Aug 28. I had sex and used a condom on the 1st. But then I didn't wait the 7...

View more questions Search