Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Nov 29, 2017, 05:44 PM
    Something we never thought a conservative government would do
    At least not voluntarily

Banking Royal Commission: Malcolm Turnbull announces inquiry

We are going to have an inquiry into the practices of banks. There has long been a stink about the financial services industry with the banks being forced to compensate cheated customers and remove certain fees, but the Australian government has been dragged kicking and screaming to this one, and the ramifications are huge, Turncoat is in full plumage, trying to stave off a leadership challenge, how could a challenge exist? There is no leadership
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 30, 2017, 07:27 AM
    Why am I not surprised that your banks are as crooked as ours? I thought you guys had laws against that sort of thing?
    Ultra Member

Nov 30, 2017, 02:23 PM
    What sort of thing are you talking about? Dodgy lending practices? Yes, rules have been tightened up considerably, dodgy financial advice, who is to say its dodgy until it falls over, commissions for staff so they sell bank services, its endemic to the industry, staff who play the futures market with bank money, you fail you go to jail. Something smells because bank profits continue to grow rapidly despite low interest rates

You see this is the problem, you have to investigate to find exactly what you are talking about. I remember long ago looking at a map of a rural district and most of the properties were owned by banks; foreclosures.
    Ultra Member

Dec 2, 2017, 03:15 PM
    Repeating my own words does not enhance the discussion, that is just one of the dodgy practices
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2017, 01:59 PM
    banksters are banksters .
    Ultra Member

Dec 26, 2017, 09:51 PM
    Yes this lot is pecular, no sooner was the Royal Commission announced that they announced they had a new, fairer, code of practice, a real case of the Emporer's new clothes, transparent as..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is it only the stupid people in Government make it to central Government ? [ 5 Answers ]

Why is it only the stupid people in Government make it to central Government ?

Conservative vs. Liberals [ 3 Answers ]

What is the basic difference between conservatives and liberals? Why do we see things so differently? I am posting here although the subject could be in the philosophy thread or the religion thread as it touches all of them. I am going to throw something out there for you to kick around. Of...

Conservative energy plan [ 20 Answers ]

My question is this: Why do conservatives take such a pessimistic approach when it comes to developing clean renewable energy? The problem I have with conservatives is that they claim patriotism but the things they promote makes me think don't have faith that we can figure this problem out. I...

Is McCain a 'modern' conservative? [ 1 Answers ]

Is it any wonder that the 'base' distrusts him? The Curious Mind of John McCain

Liberal to conservative, just like that! [ 33 Answers ]

It was years ago that I first heard this little story, and I just heard it re-told today, a little different of course, but the meaning still hit as hard as it did the first time I heard it. I just wonder what anyone's opinion of the story might be: A man was attending dinner at a friends...

View more questions Search