Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    askmeGA Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2017, 02:53 AM
    My adult son won't talk to me
    My son and I were very close; he and I use to talk daily during his undergraduate years. The day prior to his graduation from college he told my husband that he was a homosexual man. He had fallen in love with his professor who was 20 years older them him. I returned home to my son and his professor loading up a moving van. When I asked what was going on, I was told, "your husband hates me and you are basically an idiot, so you will believe him verses me. Therefore, I am leaving and I don't want to see you, him or any of your children ever again. That was May 2017.

He still talks to our extended family members and they all find his attitude about his father and I amusing. They laugh and many say to us, "that our Christian teaching didn't do much for him because he has turned away from us and the church friends that he met during his time in secondary school.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 25, 2017, 07:12 AM
    How did you and your husband receive his news of him being homosexual?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 25, 2017, 10:12 AM
    In addition to answering tal's question, please tell us if your son has ever mentioned homosexuality in general terms when you and he talked? If so, how did you answer his question(s)?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 25, 2017, 04:58 PM
    You forgot to ask a question. Do you want advice, or opinion, or what?
    My opinion is that you don't sound very proactive. You just accepted his words. Is he right? Do you just go along with your husband? Do you consider your religious beliefs to be more important to you than losing your son?
    My advice is ---- I'll wait to see if you want it...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 25, 2017, 06:04 PM
    Not really enough information to give advice on this. I'd like to hear the answers to the questions other posters have asked. You mention religion, so I'm assuming that you did not receive the news of your son being gay very well. Is that accurate?

Need more info before we can offer any sort of advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adult daughter will not talk to me. [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter and I had a very bad Christmas because I did not want to go to my daughter's house on the 24th. Why? I cannot stand her mother-in-law. She is a number one manipulator, dictator, toxic... My daughter does not like her but she is stuck with her husband. It took 4 times for the "kids"...

My adult children do not talk to me [ 7 Answers ]

I have four children. They are all adults now. One of the children which I call my child is actually my niece. I got her when my sister died. She was two year old. I thought that I had given her all of the love and opportunities that I did for my own blood children. She is 36 years old. She...

My adult daughter won't talk with me [ 7 Answers ]

We have a daughter who is now 21 and going into her senior year in college. She has a had a very nice life in our home, nice vacations, nice clothes, really almost everything she needed. She is dating a boy and has been for 2 years now. We are paying for her college including the room and board on...

How do I get my adult daughter to talk to me [ 8 Answers ]

I really need some help. I have a 27 year old daughter that hasn't spoken to us for 2 years. It all started when my Mom died in 2006. My daughter felt I should not be upset myself but that her losing her Grandma was way more important. She also accused me of taking all my Mom's money so there was...

My adult son does not talk to us anymore [ 33 Answers ]

A lady had asked a question and read and reread it as it is a very deep question. Her topic was My Adult son wont talk to me, Us. I read the answers as well. Today it is Christmas. I feel so alone. I do have other children. Yet there is a constant ache everyday that does not go away. In...

View more questions Search