Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ajane1551 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2017, 11:16 PM
    How many years are between a full moon happening on the same day of the month?
    So, say a full moon happened on November 15th. How many years would pass before another full moon happened on November 15th? Is this even possible to find out?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2017, 09:11 AM
    These happen in recurring cycles... you just have to find out what those are.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2017, 09:34 AM
    Lunar cycle is 28 days. Unfortunately month days are different and when you put in a leap year it throws the days off even more. Not sure there is a formula. Here is a chart you can play with.

Full Moon Calendar - When Is The Next Full Moon?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 7, 2017, 07:15 PM
    The lunar cycle is about 29.53 days, and the year is 365.25 days. Hence there are 12.3688 lunar cycles per year. To get the full moon on the same date of a given month in a subsequent year we can assume that the full moon must be within 1/2 day plus-or-minus of the first occurrence. So, the question is: how many years does it take so that the extra 0.3688 lunar cycles per year works out to a whole number of cycles, plus or minus 1/2 day? A quick estimate: 19 years should do it, with the full moon occurring about 5 hours later than on the original day. Whether that extra 5 hours throws the occurrence into the next day would have to be checked. Alternatively, after 141 years the full moon should occur at about the same time on the same date.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Full moon and labor [ 6 Answers ]

Just a quick question for all my medical friends here, and anyone else interested... Anyone know if the old wives tale is true and there is a correlation b/w the moon and labor? Just curious... there is one coming up on the 23rd and I thought it would be a fun question to throw out there... I have...

Month to month lease Do I still have to pay the full month if I move out in 15 days [ 1 Answers ]

I am on month to month lease now. I want to tell them I want to move on the 15 of October. Am I required to pay a full month rent if I don't be there?

Full moon [ 8 Answers ]

What is it called when you can see the sun setting and the full moon rising at the time?

Full moon and its effects [ 1 Answers ]

:) Hello' I am new to this site and think so far that it is a good one for info, here is the question... tonight while driving home I noticed that the moon was very large and orange, and for the last few days it seems that everyone I've talked with is having total disruption around them, including...

Full Moon Effect [ 19 Answers ]

I don't know if this belongs under folklore or astronomy LOL so please bear with me. I know I have heard that Emergency Rooms experience a measurable upsurge around a full moon. My office seems to get a lot more than the usual weirdness then too. I am wondering do other people or businesses feel...

View more questions Search