Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cvdmama Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 24, 2017, 12:27 PM
    What is my old Jofco corner desk worth?
    I have an old Jofco corner desk. I think it's cherry or walnut solid wood with laminate on top. It is in good shape with original hardware and wood slats for dividers. On the left side (main desk) it has a pull-out shelf, one filing drawer and a smaller drawer on the bottom. There is also a center drawer. On the return there are three drawers, the top is a regular drawer, the second has wooden slat tilted dividers, and the third has wooden dividers. The desk is on legs, so it doesn't sit flush on the floor, which makes it great for getting underneath.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 24, 2017, 04:11 PM
    1. I think it's cherry or walnut solid wood with laminate on top. Veneer perhaps? They are typically poplar as the base wood. Poplar can easily be stained to look like Walnut or Cherry. Post a picture. Any piece of furniture is worth what someone is willing to pay. There are some on eBay, none with bids.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 24, 2017, 08:09 PM
    It's worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 24, 2017, 10:44 PM
    Sadly a veneer top piece of furniture is not worth nearly as much as a solid wood piece.

What do you hope to get for it? Try placing it on Ebay with the lowest amount as your starting bid offer and see what happens, but most people that are willing and able to spend a lot of furniture, want solid wood pieces, not veneer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a misprinted 10 dollar bill worth one corner says100 [ 0 Answers ]

I have a ten dollar bill one corners is marked 100 dollars what is it worth it's a 1993 printed bill

What is my desk worth? [ 0 Answers ]

Just wondering what my desk is worth. I acquired it as a hand me down. It is not mint but is in good - fair condition. The wood in one of the bottom drawers is in bad shape and has some dark water marks on the top. I use it in my home office but I am needing to get something smaller.I just have no...

Antique Desk worth [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me the worth of this antique desk? My father brought it back from Minnesota a number of years ago. Thanks

View more questions Search