Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sarika Guleria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2017, 11:37 PM
    Land loan
    I want to take loan on my part of land at my hometown place as my brother is not clearing the situation.So if we take loan on my part of land and does not pay the loan afterwards and in that case the bank took control on my land do I also have to face something in that case or not
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 20, 2017, 05:11 PM
    1) Laws vary by country
    2) Laws vary within countries!

You can ask us about your locality, or you can ask your local courthouse. Your story is a bit hard to understand. You need to be clear about HOW you BOTH own one parcel of land. There are various ways, but most of them mean some sort of fractional ownership of the whole parcel. If you are each 50%, then you each own half of 100% with no physical dividing line down the property. In such cases, if one of you takes out a loan, or both of you, it doesn't matter, EACH one of you is 100% responsible for paying it back. The bank doesn't care. They just want payments and can go after either one of you.

If the bank has already taken the land (you are mixing real with possible) then they can sell it to pay themselves back. And sue you (again, either one or both of you) for any amount that isn't covered by the sale.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to default on land property loan [ 2 Answers ]

We have property that we purchased 4 years ago that we still $100,000 on and the property has been devalued to $65,000. We are not able to sell it but would like to default on the loan. What is the worse that can happen? We used our current residence as collateral to purchase the property.

Loan for land [ 3 Answers ]

I borrowed money to pay a land mortgage from a friend . I agreed to pay back the debt monthly, I have followed through. We have a witess loan agrreement withj the land address as collateral, could something go wrong with out all of the fancy survey AND DESCRIPTION. THANKS

Land Loan [ 1 Answers ]

What morthgage company has zero down Land loan? Thank you

Land loan entry [ 1 Answers ]

We have land appraised at 3,300,000. We took out a loan this week for 1,650,000 against the land. What is the journal entry to set up the asset and liability on the books/

Downpayment for land or loan [ 1 Answers ]

I found a piece of land for $34,000. It has come at a time when the savings has just been depleted. This was expected in januarary, not July. I have little over 10% for the down. The only other thing I have is two car titles, at a value of $15,000. This dosen't help with the land loan, but can I...

View more questions Search