Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mfawell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2017, 04:54 PM
    Art by S.F. Bartlett
    Received a piece of art signed by the above artist that went through Kendrick Bellamy Co. of Denver. The piece is dated January 1895 and appears to have been sold through lot number, 8016-C-1; 3/21/47. Any help in identifying and perhaps value would be greatly appreciated.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 17, 2017, 05:48 PM
    What is the subject of the painting? Is it a watercolor, oil, chalk, tempera?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 17, 2017, 07:03 PM
    Very difficult to help you even if you sent us a picture of the artwork. Value of any artwork cannot be determined on line, as you may realize. If you plan on selling it and want to have it identified and valuated you would have to take it to an appropriate art dealer to determine this.

tick
    mfawell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 18, 2017, 11:11 AM
    It is an olden home/lodge on a bay with a rowboat with people in the foreground and small sailboats in the distance. I thought that perhaps wit the sale of the painting through the lot number may enlighten me as to who the artist was and it's original sale price.
    Thanks

Sorry, it's oil on canvas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Courthouses in bartlett, Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

What documents we need to get arried

W.H.Bartlett [ 1 Answers ]

I have two matted framed Bartlett prints with a sealed paper backing that states they are over 125 years old and were they were framed.. (Dublin) One is called "Ballyshiannon" and the other is "Kenbane Castle". I would like to know if they are worth anything, thank you so much for your time...

View more questions Search