Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thomas900 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2017, 11:39 AM
    Why would urine drug test show buprenorphine?
    When doctors office did urine test they said it came back positive for buprenorphine! I have Not ever taken anything like this. I take oxycodoine, xanxas, actoes,diovan,metforman. The urine test was taken oct 26, Can a hair follicle test prove I did not take this? If it was present then Would it not show up in hair test? Please advise what I can do to prove my innosence? Thanks
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 17, 2017, 03:04 PM
    You can and must formally request a confirmation test to verify his results.

Laboratory Confirmation for Positive Drug Test Results

Please note that instant drug test kits provide only a preliminary analytical test result. A more specific alternative chemical method must be used in order to obtain a confirmed analytical result. Gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) has been established as the preferred confirmatory method by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA). Clinical consideration and professional judgment should be applied to any drug of abuse test result, particularly when preliminary positive results are indicated. We highly recommend confirming your results with Laboratory Confirmation.
    It would seem your doctor would have retested you or the saved part of your specimen to confirm his results. WHY are you being tested? If through court order, you have a medical review officer to appeal (MRO) to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can prozac show as benzos in urine drug test [ 1 Answers ]

Im on methadone and tested positive for benzo.I also have copd on multiile inhalers and albuterol

If you take one seroquel, will it show up in a urine drug screen for pre employment? [ 2 Answers ]

If you took one Seroquel on a Thursday night... and then had a urine drug screen test for pre employment on Tuesday morning, would the Seroquel show up in the drug test?

Does the saliva swab ETG alcohol test show back to 80 hours like the Urine ETG test ? [ 2 Answers ]

I heard when it's the oral swab it only tests back 12 to 24 hours for alcohol anyone know?

Will lortab show in a urine drug test? [ 2 Answers ]

I took 1 lortab on Monday night at 8pm, which is the first one I have had in over a year.. The drug test was wed at 10am. Will it be positive? I am honestly upset, because I just got hired for a job after wating for them to respond to my application after 5 months. This job is eaxactly what my...

Can second hand cocaine smoke show up in a urine drug test [ 2 Answers ]

If you are around a person who smokes crack cocaine on a daily basis can you get it into your system? How long will show up in a urine drug test? I took a urine drug test, it showed up in my urine. I haven't used the drug myself in over 6 months. I have since then removed these people from my...

View more questions Search