Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Basheeruchil Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2017, 07:19 AM
    Percentage calculation in excel
    How to calculate percentage in excel.. for example if I buy phone rs 3500.. but actual price is 5000.. shopkeeper give 3500.. how many percentage he deducted..
    Please answer me in excel formula
    abdulkadir1 Posts: 5, Reputation: 2

Nov 18, 2017, 09:11 PM
    Original Amount * (1-(Percent Discount)/100) = Desired answer
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Dec 4, 2017, 04:35 AM
    (Sale Price / Orig. Price) * 100 = Percentage Off

(3500/5000) * 100 = Percentage Off

0.7 *100 = 70%

Proof 5000 * 70% = 3500

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel percentage formula? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the % of people who have NOT returned to our office after consultation (success rate) For example 51 people had their 1st visit and out of those 51 people only 4 needed to make a second appointment. I want to work out how many people did not return (47) as a percentage using an excel...

Percentage calculation [ 3 Answers ]

Can anyone help me solve the following problem? Please include the formula: A computer is on sale for $1600, which is a 20% discount off the regular price. What is the regular price?

Percentage calculation in Excel [ 3 Answers ]

I need to work out the amount of settlement discount taken by a customer: I have the payment amount and the percentage. How do I calculate the original invoice amount? Here is what I have: Payment amount: 6113.25 Percentage discount: 2.5%

Excel Percentage Formula [ 3 Answers ]

Using an Excel worksheet, what is the formula for the percentage of wins for a team. Example 2 wins and 1 loss equals what percentage of wins?

Percentage calculation [ 1 Answers ]

Have a calculation question... How many liters of 2% brind solution must be added to 30 liters of 10% brind solution to dilute it to a 8% solution. Do not just want the answer, would like formula to solve...

View more questions Search