Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    d-woo Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2005, 08:55 PM
    Polaris Sweeper has little flow
    My Polaris is not sweeping strongly.

I detached it from the wall of the pool, then turned on the pump (my Polaris pump will not run without the pool pump... so that is fine) and the pressure of water coming out seemed fine.

Where is the water flow slowing down between the pool wall and the end of the Polaris?

Is there a debris catcher somewhere on the Polaris?
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2005, 01:51 PM
    Are all the...
    Quote Originally Posted by d-woo
    My Polaris is not sweeping strongly.

I detached it from the wall of the pool, then turned on the pump (my Polaris pump will not run without the pool pump...so that is fine) and the pressure of water coming out seemed fine.

Where is the water flow slowing down between the pool wall and the end of the Polaris?

Is there a debris catcher somewhere on the Polaris?
    ... moving parts actually moving? We had a Polaris and although the suction was good, the internal parts had worn and it lost its ability to waddle/paddle and therefore do any real sweeping because the worn parts prevented it from moving much. Hold your hand on the inlet of the sweeper... does it have good suction? If so, this is not a debris clog problem and it is best to take it to where you purchased it and get a free or low cost quote. If you are handy, the owner's manual can guide you through troubleshooting and repair if you don't care for the alternative.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Polaris won't start [ 1 Answers ]

4 stroke 425 4x4 magnum. It began by not starting, but try again in 20 min. or so and would start fine. The 20 min. wait time kept getting longer until now it won't start even with a little shot of ether. This progressed over a period of 4 months.

Cash Flow [ 1 Answers ]

If a company has negative cash flow, but its balance sheet shows increased cash, what caused this?

Low flow from faucets [ 1 Answers ]

Older house in NC. Water pressure and flow are very low from the kitchen sink and also lavatory faucets. However when you are filling washing machine which is at the other end of the house pressure and flow seem almost normal from both Kitchen and lavatory faucets. Problem is more related to...

Flow help - labman? [ 1 Answers ]

OK, 4 ton unit, retrofit, from the return plenum how many flexible 4" ducts should I run for the correct return flow? (more or less) Thanks

Hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the hot water tap on the flow is normal for about 1 min, then it starts to slow down and eventually stops. I turn the tap off and then back on and it does the same again.

View more questions Search