Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shannon1023 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2017, 08:12 PM
    Judgment against me, can they take my work vehicle and sell toward debt I owe them?
    I have a Judgment against me for approx $1,600.00, can they take my work vehicle and sell it toward debt money I owe them ($500), they told me no, I could not say "no". Doesn't seem fair, doing everything I can to help husband pay this dr. bill.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 13, 2017, 12:59 AM
    Who is "they"?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2017, 04:39 AM
    In the US, property exempted from seizure for debt goes by state.
    Try the links here and ask if you have more questions.
    https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclope...rty-exemptions
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2017, 05:37 AM
    It depends on who's name the vehicle is in, what the laws are for your area, etc.

It is possible, but not that likely.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Where can I buy a judgment, sell my judgment or trade it? [ 3 Answers ]

I have no experience in this field. Anybody have any recommendations? Or should I proceed with them?

Judgment laws from a vehicle reposession [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida and own a small business, due to the economy I had to turn in a vehicle that was in my name only. I am married and all bank accounts are in both are names including my business account. My wife gets a check but our accountant gives her a 1099 and I do not receive a paycheck, if...

Dealer won't sell me vehicle after I signed the contract. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, Last week I purchased a brand new 2008 Mazda Tribute from a Mazda dealership in Agincourt Ontario. The contract was signed and I left a $500. Deposit. I was to pick up the vehicle a few days later as it was being rustproofed. The vehicle I chose in the lot matches the vehicle in the...

Obtaining a Judgment on a debt that has a prior Judgment [ 1 Answers ]

Now I thought that you can't get another judgment on a debt if there is a prior judgment obtained back in July 2004 from Ohio. But the debtor moved to New York and they want to have an atty in New York place another judgment on the same debt. Don't they have to request an Exemplified Judgment...

View more questions Search