Ask
    glenda4 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2017, 10:37 AM
    Blood pressure
    Is a blood pressure reading of 142/67 OK for 75yr old female
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2017, 06:08 PM
    For a 1 time test it's hard to say. However, if you just sat down and took it, it's OK. Was this done by a med professional, home unit or in a store. Lots of people would love to have a BP like that, particularly at your age. I an a 76 YO male. Your numbers are very similar to mine, particularly if not a resting BP.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 13, 2017, 12:49 PM
    The 142 is a little high but not too bad for your age, and it depends when you took it, and how many times over days. It also depends on other health factors.
    That 67 looks low to me in combination with 142, but I'm not a doctor!

You should be asking your doctor, nurse, or anyone in a clinic. Even a pharmacist, especially if you are on any medications.

Here's what the CDC says

Blood Pressure Levels Normal
    systolic: less than 120 diastolic: less than 80

At risk (prehypertension)
    systolic: 120–139 diastolic: 80–89

High
    systolic: 140 or higher diastolic: 90 or higher

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Low blood pressure [ 3 Answers ]

I'm a 29 year old female. I have been feeling tired and dizzy last 24 hours. Checked my bp and its 113/50 is that something to be worried about?

Blood pressure [ 8 Answers ]

Hi nurses... I am an obese, 35 year old man and I had a very high blood pressure read 3 months ago when I went to a doctors office. It was 195/105 however it did calm down to 140/98 after some time in the office. Anyway this was 3 months ago and I have made huge and drastic changes to my lifestyle...

Blood Pressure [ 1 Answers ]

My BP IS 141/92 HR 106 WHAT NORMAL?

Im 17 and I have blood today and m'y blood pressure was 150/95 [ 3 Answers ]

Im 17 and I have blood today and m'y blood pressure was 150/95 and after they Took m'y blood it went down to 135/85 what do I do

Low water pressure causing high blood pressure [ 1 Answers ]

I have low or no hot water pressure to the downstairs bathroom. I've replaced the cartridges, valves and hot water heater, still no pressure... help.

View more questions Search