Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammy23 Posts: 545, Reputation: 0

Nov 10, 2017, 04:36 PM
    Is this AOL site legit?
    I keep getting this message on all five of my screens:

Link edited out, since it was a fake link and could hurt others trying to use it.

I can't get rid of it and I don't want to open it. Is anyone familiar with it
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 10, 2017, 05:26 PM
    That's not AOL. Look at it closely.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2017, 07:02 PM
    If you EVER loggin in there, go to the right site and change your PW now... and any other site that you used the same Username-PW
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 11, 2017, 05:36 AM
    AOL Email Scam - Phishing for Your Identity
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 11, 2017, 06:52 AM
    2 basic things to study and learn:
    Peer closely at the sender. Your link was NOT AOL because it started out i.aol
    They are counting on you to not notice that little i followed by a period, but it makes all the difference in the world.
    So examine all your senders closely.
    Second, get better protection software - malware and adware and everything else. McAfee or Norton are good options.
    If it was showing on ''all five screens'' (sites you had open) it sounds like a popup?
    Download ABP immediately. It's free and one step. It really does block popups, as well as ads in front of videos.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a totally free site and secure site to download from [ 1 Answers ]

First time doing this mp4 player type is craig

Is it legit [ 2 Answers ]

A new company, Worlwide Industries on Nash Rd in hamilton On. Selling simple h2o. Want to know if there is any complaints on employies not getting paid.

How can I randomise images in a site to be linked via html coding for another site? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am mesmerised. How do Flickr, mybloglog, Facebook and numerous other sites update their badges eberytime the information is updated? Someone told me it is done with js. I hava a wordpress.com blog, which means I am not allowed to use javascript there. So I have to link my images updated...

View more questions Search