Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2017, 10:56 AM
    Car Light on 2003 Toyota Echo
    Code PO303 Cylinder #3 not firing properly. Had replaced ignition. Coil and Plug on 10/06/2014 $565
    Now 2017 can feel the hesitate. Engine light on. But when car warms up Car runs okay. Could it be the coil/spark plug again? Same Cylinder. Wonder why is disappears. Cars years ago the plug stay bad until you replaced it period
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2017, 07:40 PM
    Assume nothing.. have car scanned for codes again. Might be a different cylinder or something completely different.
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2017, 04:21 AM
    Thanks
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2017, 12:29 PM
    Luckily most auto-parts store will do a free scan for you these days. So you can make your decisions without the time and cost of a dealership diagnostic service. If you have an Android phone you can get an app for free what will work, and all you need is a Bluetooth adapter that plugs into your ADB port you can get for less than $20. If you do your own work..and have a vehicle newer than 1996 that's a worthy thing to have. I have that and a D-CAN usb cable for my BMW and other vehicles. Saves even a trip to the parts store. Or if the car isn't drive-able.
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2017, 12:42 PM
    Yes I have a code reader. Operates with the Android phone.
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2017, 12:48 PM
    Useful Item, isn't it. Even if you may not need it very often.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 12, 2017, 07:16 PM
    Each component can be tested to verify the actual failure. The hard part is now finding that one shop that can diagnose the fault and make only the needed repair.
    With the stumble clears after it been running a while, you may have a leaking injector that is fouling the plug until it's warmed enough. Or it could be coolant fouling the plug and slowly burning off. Again, testing needs done first.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2017, 08:00 PM
    I used for the first time your mechanic . It was great. They come to your house.He found the coil was going bad in cylinder 3, like the code reader said. He also did all the other cylinders coils and plugs and ignition wires. Just for $180.00
    Pepboy charged me $560.00 just to do one coil and plug in 2014 cylinder 3.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Turn siginal 2003 toyota echo [ 3 Answers ]

Right rear turn signal will not flicker. New bulb. With headlights on. Bulb does Light up, but will not flicker. With headlights off directional bulb will not light at all.

2003 Toyota Echo. Rear right brake light works, signal does not. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Toyota Echo which I am having a big pain with. The right rear turn signal is out but the brake light is working therefor I am assuming the wiring is sending a current to the rear with them being on the same wiring system. The front right signal light and dash light blinks very fast. I...

2003 toyota echo plastic bumper [ 1 Answers ]

On the passenger side the molded bumper unsnapped from a plastic railing. It has no damaged. It just un -poped. I wonder how to connect the bumper back On the plastic bracket? Its about a 1" away from the bracket. But I don't see how It connects??

2003 toyota echo [ 1 Answers ]

Is the spare tire rim 14" like the rest of the rims on the car. I know the tire is smaller. But is the rim the same as the other rims. Rim on car is bent. Unable to find rim anywhere. Not in stock

View more questions Search