Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shark921 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2017, 08:25 AM
    Pre employment Physical in Pa
    Good afternoon,

I have a conditional job offer pending a pre employment physical, drug and alcohol test, and background check. My only concern is the Physical. The position is basically an Inside Sales Job where I handle clients/prospects via phone and email. I have done this same role for 20 years and have never had an issue. The only area of the physical I would have trouble with is the Vision as I can't see 20/20. I was diagnosed with an eye disease when I was young that makes my eyes very sensitive to bright light. It has never kept me from doing anything so I wouldn't personally consider it a disability. I had corneal surgery years ago on my left eye and now have good vision. My right eye is not as bad so it was determined my vision after the surgery overall is good, even for driving. It is difficult however for me to do the standard eye chart test when I only use my non operative eye. Can I be denied employment if I pass everything but don't have 20/20 vision? I think my vision is around 20/60. Thank you for your help as it would crush me if this caused an issue in the hiring process.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2017, 08:31 AM
    I think its extremely unlikely for that type of job you are applying for. Forget becoming an Air Force Fighter Pilot however.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2017, 09:33 AM
    I don't think your vision will be much of an issue at all if that's what your worried about.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 9, 2017, 07:36 PM
    It will depend on the level of medical they require. The job would have specific requirements, This should not be any issue, and doubtful they would even test vision and do blood tests, and other things more for drug issues.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Employment Restrictions on Employment Authorization Card [ 0 Answers ]

I am in the process AOS (I485) under Eb3 from India. My Priority date is Dec 2002. I have been working on a Federal Project as a contractor on my EAD. 2 days ago, they let me go for the reason that the project became high risk, and only US citizens and GC holders are only allowed. I am planning to...

Employment Law regarding employment applications [ 2 Answers ]

I know that employers can ask on their applications if you have ever been convicted of a felony, but I ran into one the other day that asked "Have you ever been convicted of a felony in the last 7 years?" Just wondering why the 7 years.

View more questions Search