Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fifi9999 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2017, 01:57 PM
    Not sure
    My school has been trying to contact my parentz for a few weeks now. My parents work during the day and I get home before them so I deleted the voice mails left on home phone. I've also forged their signature on a few notes. I'm in big trouble now the school rang my dads work and he left me a really scarey voice mail. I don't know what to do. I haven't been home since Friday, my dad texted me and said ic I don't come home he will call police and if I don't bring back the camping gear he will say I stole it. Can he do that the tent I took was mine. I have school today but I'm afraid to go in case he is there can he make me leave school? I think I should avoid going for a while.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 02:04 PM
    Why has your school been trying to contact your parents?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 5, 2017, 02:08 PM
    You need to face the music before it gets any worse.
    Go either home or school first, depending on time of day where you are.
    Tell them the truth about everything. Get it over with. Confess to the forgeries - everything! You are basically caught. The more you admit to now, the better the results.

Here's the deal: first of all your parents are WORRIED about your LIFE. Teens are abducted every day, often for the sex trade. You get put in chains and are sold over and over and are never seen again.
    Second of all, they are legally liable for you. They can be charged with child neglect. You can end up in much worse places than your home situation.
    Don't worry about the tent for the moment, or who bought it, or who gave it to you, or what. He's just very upset and the tent is something he can latch onto.
    Not sure what you mean about him making you leave school? Doesn't he want you IN school?

Nov 5, 2017, 02:13 PM
    My grades have dropped I've been in some trouble lately.

I just meant if I go to school can he come and make me go home with him. I don't think he's worried he sounds very angry
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 02:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifi9999 View Post
    My grades have dropped I've been in some trouble lately.
    Some trouble? Like what?

Do what Joy said -- go home or go to school and turn yourself in. Be humble and contrite. Go to counseling. Listen to the adults. They care about you and want your life to improve.

Nov 5, 2017, 02:25 PM
    My dad scares me when he's mad and he's got to be really pissed right now. Its safer to stay away trust me. I just don't want him to find me. If i could talk to my mum she would understand but everytime i ring he answers.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Nov 5, 2017, 02:52 PM
    This isn't about trust and trust is only for people who both know each other really well.
    TELL HIM on the phone that you are afraid of him.

Nov 5, 2017, 03:01 PM
    Sorry was just an expression.I don't want to tell him anything there is no point I thought maybe I could just stay away from him. I
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 04:29 PM
    So you plan to stay away and live in a tent until you get a job and can afford an apartment? Is that the plan? Because if not, you'll have to go home sooner or later, and as a mom I can tell you one thing, my anger doesn't go away until the situation is resolved, and the longer it takes the child to resolve it and face it, the angrier I get.

You're being very irresponsible. You did the crime, now face the consequences. So your dad's mad, he has the right to be. Time to learn that actions have consequences.

Nov 5, 2017, 04:49 PM
    I don't know what I plan on doing. I am worried what my dad will do to me its to hard to explain what he's like when he's mad. If I was just going to be yelled at or grounded it wouldn't be so bad but he's not that nice
    Pets Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 05:23 PM
    Is there a teacher or student counsellor at school that you trust? Perhaps tell them what's going on, tell them you're afraid to go home because of your dads anger and what he might do, and ask if they will agree to go with you to talk to your dad.

Bottom line kiddo, you can't stay in a tent until you're old enough to leave home. How do you plan to feed yourself? If you're somewhere that gets snow, well winter is coming. A tent is not a long term plan.

If a teacher or student counselor isn't an option, how about a relative, or Child Protective Services?

You need a long term plan, and the best long term plan is finding a way to go home. I know that the longer you stay away, the more mad your dad will be.

Any reason why your grades are failing and why you're getting into trouble at school? What's going on in your life that is causing these issues?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 05:36 PM
    Go home and accept your fate. You should have been truthful all along, now it has just gotten worst.

Just go home, or yes, they will drag you home with a police record that can ruin your life for years and years to come
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 05:38 PM
    Do you have a relative who you can stay with? You definitely need to go to school or you will be considered truant. I’m sure your parents are worried about you. If your safety is an issue at home, please tell an adult at school. Teachers, counselors, and nurses are there to help you. Please go to school.

Nov 5, 2017, 05:58 PM
    I was going to school but I'm worried my dad will be able to come and get me. I didn't really do anything wrong besides writing my parents signature and wiping messages. My grades have dropped and I've been in trouble for not completing my home work. I have been trying but things are complicated and my dad doesn't like people snooping around so I tried to get them to leave me alone by writing note and putting his signature. They know I did it and rang his work. My friend texted me saying my parents have been asking everyone if they know where I am and been to the school to.
    Pets Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 06:54 PM
    Where are you staying right now? Surely you're not in the tent that you mention, as most campgrounds are closed, they're not free, and there would really be no way for you to be posting here. Are you staying with a friend right now? If so, do the friends parents know that at this point you're considered a runaway and they could be charged?

Nov 5, 2017, 08:00 PM
    No I'm at the beach we live in a costal town in australia its nearly summer here so not cold. My tent is hidden in the sand dunes near surf club so there are showers and a bbq that I have been cooking on and a power point so I can charge my phone and battery pack. I have money in my bank from working at mcdonalds pretty sure I'm going to lose my job I haven't been in for a few shifts but I don't care right now so I have money to last me a while no one come in the dunes and my tent is hidden anyway.I know I will have to go home at some point but I'm trying to avoid that at the moment. I haven't told anyone where I am I know my dad will find out if I tell anyone even my boyfriend he's good at finding stuff out. I would rather have cold showers and sleep in a tent then face him
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 08:10 PM
    What troubles at school would push you to live like this? Going home won't get any easier the more time that goes by.
    Pets Expert

Nov 5, 2017, 08:11 PM
    Kiddo, you have to think long term. You know that staying in the tent is only a short term solution. Soon you'll run out of money for food, soon someone will see your hidden tent and call the cops, and yes, I'm pretty sure you can bet that you lost your job if you haven't shown up or even called for your last few shifts.

You're making a bad situation worse the longer you put off facing your dad. I realize you're scared, but there are things you can do, people you can call to help you deal with going home and help you talk to your dad. The sooner you do this the better. The solution you have right now is extremely short term, and as I said before, the longer you wait the worse the consequences.

Frankly, if one of my kids pulled this they'd be facing a very angry mom and dad. I'm not violent, and I don't know if your dad is, but they'd be yelled at louder and longer than they ever have been before. Frankly, I'd already have the police looking for them, and if they police wanted to mete out a punishment, I'd be all for it. Running away from home, not being responsible at your job, screwing around in school, kiddo, you screwed up! That doesn't mean that you can't fix it, but first you have to face it, and hiding out is not facing it. It's not going away no matter how long you stay hidden.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2017, 08:37 PM
    Cripes... you really deserve whatever you get. Did you actually think you could get away with this? Apparently you did, HOW is beyond comprehension. But I guess every community needs someone living in a trash dumpster eating other peoples garbage. You could be that person.

You were stupid, you made this choice... show some maturity and take your punishment... you WILL be answering for your actions the rest of your life... and what will happen now.. is NOTHING compared to what will happen to you as an adult...

Incidentally..YOU don't own that tent, he does...you own nothing as a kid..yes he CAN call the police, and if you think you have it bad now...just wait until you see what its like in the juvenile justice system for know-it-all's. When you are 18, you can move out live under a bridge and eat from trash cans if you want (you certainly aren't going to get or hold a job with this attitude).. As a kid..you have no right to make that decision.

Welcome to the real world. Actions have consequences......ALWAYS.

Nov 5, 2017, 08:46 PM
    I understand I have made a bad choice choices. I didn't feel like I had any other option. My dad beats my mum pretty bad for the most little things when he's drinking and he drinks all the time. I don't know what he's going to do to me he's so mad. What would you do I'm scared very scared and I cant tell anyone he's my dad I was thinking he might calm down after a while you know. Now I'm not so sure maybe I have made this all worse. I shall just go home tomorrow I cant do it now I feel sick just thinking about going back but I'm worried for my mum too. I hate my life I don't want to deal with this

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search