Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    schurtes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2017, 12:17 PM
    How much torque is needed to pull 75 lbs
    So I'm trying to make a go kart out of a push mower engine. I weigh 75 lbs, I'm crazy light if you were wondering how I'm so not heavy. Whatever. Anyway, the kart will weigh around 15 lbs, maybe. I am wondering if its possible. The mower has 4.5 horsepower.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2017, 01:03 PM
    Torque is dependent on the radius of the gears you will use. Check this link, it uses a gocart.
    https://www.researchgate.net/post/Ho...gear_assembly2
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Nov 1, 2017, 02:17 AM
    How are you going to build a 15 lb go cart? The wheels and tires will weight that much alone, its not going to be easy to make a 115 lb one (without the engine) Impossible with.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 1, 2017, 07:42 AM
    How fast are you trying to go?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to calculate torque needed for a vehicle [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, I am building a rear driven rear mounted engine vehicle. The engine is mounted just behind the rear axle (red box). Driver and seat (yellow), fuel tank, steering etc is located in front of the rear axle. Total weight of the vehicle including driver is estimated to 500 kg of which 150 kg is...

Help to calculate torque needed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this! I am struggling to answer the following: What size ( torque etc. ) 6 volt dc. Planetary gear motor would I need to lift A 3kg. Load vertically. I plan to couple the gear motor directly to a 12mm dia. Steel acme lead screw With a 3mm pitch. The load I will attach to a...

What effect does varying the angle of incline have upon the force needed to pull the [ 1 Answers ]

I'm studying Newton's Law of Motion in Physics class. I know if you increase the angle of the ramp, the force needed will increase to. But what would happen if its traveling a constant speed?

How much torque needed to move platform with 3kg load [ 1 Answers ]

hi , Please explain how much torque needed for a DC motor to move/rotate at constantly slow pace( a = 0 m/s^2) of a platform with radius 15cm and load 3kg( on top of the platform, weight distributed evenly). The DC motor is located below this platform, and geared in its middle to spin it. ...

Snowblower won't start, made bad noise using electric, pull cord now hard to pull. [ 7 Answers ]

I tried to start my snowblower today and it wouldn't start. I decided to try the electric start, plugged it in, hit the start button and all it made was a spinny grinding noise. Unplugged it, and tried to start it manually with pull cord again. The cord would not pull without lots of effort and...

View more questions Search