Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andragon947 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2017, 02:30 PM
    Lsass.exe unable to locate component, with windows XP
    After loading some windows XP files from a windows XP install CD I get a small window with: lsass.exe unable to locate component as the first line. At about the vertical middle of the screen there is a red circle with an white x mark inside and to the left of this red circle there is the message: the application has failed to start because. And at the center bottom of the screen there is the clickable OK button. In the top left of the screen and outside the small screen there are five steps listed with the first three, (collecting information, dynamic update and preparing installation respectively) checked as done, but the fourth step (installing windows) and the fifth (finalizing installation) are not checked, and I guess it is because these last two steps are not done yet.

below the five steps mentioned and at about the vertical middle there is a message that says: setup will complete in approximately 39 minutes, but the 39 does not get counted down.

When I click the small window OK button then it appears the sceen for choosing ESC, or F2 or F10, then to the normal initial windows XP scren, then to a screen that says e at the top windows is being restarted, then the white arrow or cursor apperas at about the middle of the screen, then to the small window with the lsass.exe message that I mentioned at the beginning, and then the five steps and the other message that I have previously mentioned to complete the screen at which the windows XP installation stops.

If I can be told how to proceed and start the installation of my windows XP HOME EDITION, I appreciate.

Sincerely, Andres Ruvalcaba
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Oct 30, 2017, 02:40 PM
    Try starting again from scratch.
    Format the disk and partition as normal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Unable to install windows xp [ 11 Answers ]

Got the "unmountable boot volume" message today with no previous problems on a Dell XPS. Inserted the XP installation disk, entered Recovery Console and ran chkdsk /p and /r, receiving unrecoverable sectors on the /r. Tried to install XP from the disk but on the installation screen there were no...

Unable to locate this book anywhere, published between 1975 and 1985. [ 1 Answers ]

Trying to locate a book, futuristic, starts in a new york setting which is enclosed in a bubble-completely secured from outsiders, main character is teenage boy named fisher, title is (i think) the ozark or ozark, ends story with state called landslip (california before major earthquake). Very...

Unable to identify a component of my pool system [ 2 Answers ]

I have attached an image of the "well" (for lack of a better description) in my pool house. I have asked two different pool companies what it is and neither one knew. We moved into this house with the existing pool 5 years ago. The well has never overflowed until this year. (Like much of the...

Unable to locate clean out. [ 8 Answers ]

Hello, I have a toilet backing up into a tub. I can not find my clean out outside, does any one have any ideas or know of any trick to locate it besides digging up the yard?

View more questions Search