Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pastor1189 Posts: 1,538, Reputation: 3
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2017, 10:44 AM
    Makita Screw Bit Holder
    Using the Makita magnetic screw bit holder. Both bits are PH2 I think that is for Philips head. There are two drywall screws one small and one large. For the magnetic bit holder to work you have to use the smaller screwdriver bit so the screw can touch the magnetic base. Is that the way it works
    Attached Images

ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2017, 10:59 AM
    You need contact between the driver bit and the magnetic base. You have two different type bits. One slides in and one is locked in. Don't you have a release so the long bit can slide in and lock, maybe squeeze the sides?
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2017, 11:10 AM
    Oh I see the long bit can slide back and lock and also can slide forward and lock
    Thanks
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Oct 31, 2017, 07:22 AM
    The #2 Phillips work on Drywall screws. A #3 is the size used for Fan Blades. #1 Phillips is smaller. Both bits work in a Magnetic holder. The Longer one is used in quick change holders. No Magnet. Either work in a screw gun with no holder, sometimes you need longer, or shorter for tight spots.
    Example https://www.zoro.com/dewalt-rapid-lo...CABEgJ9s_D_BwE
    Ultra Member

Oct 31, 2017, 08:35 AM
    Thank You

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Screw holding shower faucet parts (not set screw) just spins. [ 2 Answers ]

Moen shower handle would spin without water coming on. Thought it cartridge so I replaced. When putting back together, the screw that holds the parts together under the handle is just spinning and I cant remove it.

A B1 visa holder marrying a green card holder in us [ 6 Answers ]

I already had a B1 visa... after that I got married in pakistan when my husband came frm us... then I fly to us as a tourist.. n got the court marriage done here in us... so how can I stay with my husband... in us should I change the status of my visa... or my husband could apply for a spouse...

Rusted brass screw with flat screw head for bathtub spout [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I can't get the brass head screw off because the brass is so soft that the screwdriver twists inside the head. The screwdriver is a flat head one. I got one side off but the other just keeps slipping off. Any ideas on how to deal with this particular problem? I sprayed WD 40 on there but...

Bit Stuck in Makita HR3851 1 1/2" Chipping hammer. [ 2 Answers ]

Here's a diagram, anyone know how to correct and/or which way to loosen Part 3 and part 64, Reversed threads? Makita HR3851 Parts List and Diagram : eReplacementParts.com Thanks

What would happen if I plug a 14.4v nicad battery into a 9.6v makita cordless saw [ 2 Answers ]

I want to convert a 9.6v cordless makita circular saw to use a 14.4 battery.will the motor blow up or will it be OK and just run longer

View more questions Search