Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    topher Posts: 65, Reputation: 3

Oct 30, 2017, 08:36 AM
    Did something get in my exhaust?
    I recently installed a new distributor on my 2001 Nissan Xterra (V-6, 230,000 miles, auto) got the timing pretty close. I got it fired up and noticed there was a lot of smoke pouring out from the rear wheel area and nothing coming out of the exhaust tip it self. I set the timing took it for a spin and I was getting almost no power off the line. I babied it back home popped the hood and noticed the exhaust leak that I had was much louder, and the right side exhaust manifold was pretty red. I had it sitting in my driveway for about 3-4 weeks. I'm wondering did something crawl in there and partially plug the exhaust?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 30, 2017, 11:25 PM
    Cat converter may have failed and plugged up... 230K miles is a lot of miles for one.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can bathroom exhaust be fed into furnace exhaust [ 1 Answers ]

Can I put the exhaust from a bathroom ceiling vent into the furnace vent which is vented out the roof? It is a second story bathroom and it seems there is a furnace duct running along side the bathtub toward the ceiling. Not sure intake or outgoing? G

BMW exhaust [ 1 Answers ]

Why one of the exhaust of my BMW E60 V8 engine 2004 is not emitting Fumes ?

How to convert standard exhaust to forced exhaust [ 4 Answers ]

I have an 80% efficiant forced air furance in good woorking condition and wood like to change from b vent exhaust to a pvc forced air exhaust

View more questions Search