Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vdfb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2017, 06:45 AM
    Make or Buy decisions
    Hello I am having a little problem with one of my homework questions
    I need to calculate whether to make or buy a product already being manufactured in the firm. You will find the information in the attachement.

I know that I only need to consider variable costs and relevant fixed cost for calculating how much it would cost me to make it.

However, what I do not really understand is that if all the manufacturing overhead and the general administrative overhead are applied at direct labour hours, it means that they should both be completely considered in the decision right?

I know usually fixed manufacturing overhead and administrative and general expenses are usually not relevant; but they are also never applied at direct labour hours

Because if I decide not to produce, I will not incur direct labour therefore the two overheads won't be incurred also...

Please let me know if I shoul count them or not...

I am not sure :/ Thanks and Regards
    Attached Images

KanikaB91 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    I am a Travel lover and invest my time in exploring places.

Nov 1, 2017, 05:10 AM
    Thank you for this post.It helped me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help me make a thesis statement on making decisions [ 7 Answers ]

Compare and contrast of two poems

How can I get my mother and others to let me make more of my own decisions [ 3 Answers ]

Lately I have been sick since Janruary I try to live my life as a faithfaul Christan yet lately I have given in to some tempations I danced in public twice whcich normally I have gone to this place and never done. I repented of that so then a little time goes by and I met this guy at this place I...

Decisions, decisions help [ 1 Answers ]

I have been offered a job out of state. Will I be taking that job and moving.

View more questions Search