Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Oct 29, 2017, 07:24 PM
    Water heater lockout...
    Hello all - its been a while since I'v been here. Years in fact. At any rate, I have a whirlpool natural gas water heater. It has a honeywell wv4262b1114 gas valve. This is a high efficiency model, so it has electronic ignition (i.e. the pilot is not always lit). I am getting an error code of 4 flashes. This is the ECO limit lockout. A web search easily tells me the water heater got too hot. I did turn it up today to max, so my own fault. From what I can tell, once the controller registers this lockout, its toast. I've found some sites that talk about resetting the board, but those are all for non-electronic ignition models.

The honeywell wv4262b1114 valve is no longer produced. I'd hate to have to get a whole new water heater for a stupid valve. I installed the water heater myself, so I can easily connect a new valve - the problem is, I don't know what valve to get. Is this the correct place to ask this?

Thanks!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 30, 2017, 05:53 AM
    Did you contact Honeywell and see if they have a compatible replacement and what additional upgrades you will need for this project? That's where I would start to get a comprehensive cost benefit analysis, and the correct valve for your system. They have many choices and universal valves.
    dmrlook Posts: 134, Reputation: 8

Oct 30, 2017, 01:17 PM
    No - but I did call the mfg of the water heater and the valve is still under warranty. So they are overnighting me a new valve. Incidentally, they confirmed that with this particular Honeywell valve, once the ECO limit kicks in, the valve is useless. There is no way to reset that error. Replacement is the only option. Seems like a stupid design, but nothing I can do about that.Thanks again!
    afaroo Posts: 4,006, Reputation: 251
    Ultra Member

Oct 30, 2017, 03:33 PM
    Hello Dmrlook,

I was suggesting the same thing to call Whirlpool they have very good tech support will listen to your problem and will give you the best advices, last month I had a problem with our water heater called them and they suggest to replace the burner assembly which they sent me a new burner chanded it problem gone, Thanks.

John

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Richmond water heater lockout reset [ 2 Answers ]

I read a stream where the code for a 40 gal was LRLLRLRR. But it's not working on my 50 gal. do they have different codes,or is the "sniffer" the fv vale broken? P.S. Why do most of these things go out on a holiday!!

Richmond water heater lockout reset [ 1 Answers ]

Hi you, My richmond water heater is a 6G50PVW-42F. The code for the 40 PVW (L-R-L-L-R-L-R-R) is not working for mine. Is there a different code for the 50? Thank you Mike

Rheem Hot Water heater lockout [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater, model PVW50-36FV, I was painting in the basement with little ventilation. The far right and left LED lights indicate the FV sensor detected the presence of flammable vapors. The unit is shut down and in lockout mode. How do I unlock this unit? Any...

How do I do a reset on a Bryant 310JAV heater (lockout) [ 0 Answers ]

Unit board led continuous flashing, indicating reversed polarity. Circuit checked--properly wired. Circuit breaker reset. Thermostat appears OK. Heater blower operates. Return air clear. Ducts clear/open. Exhaust clear. Unit power removed for 3-hour period.

View more questions Search