Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hiwatari_yuki Posts: 39, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2017, 04:49 PM
    What studies are required for a nutritionist?
    I am a first year high school student and I have finally decided on becoming a nutritionist in the future. So, I want to know what does it require to be a nutritionist? Because I want to start my studies from now, before college. Also, what department in college should I go to? A medical department? Basically I need all the steps of becoming a nutritionist.

Thanks in advance
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 29, 2017, 05:15 PM
    Finish high school, take all of the advanced math and science for what is often called college prep. Doubtful any specialized classes in high school.

The department names can vary by college. Look up some of the schools and find admission standards.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 29, 2017, 06:11 PM
    Take home ec classes, especially in cooking and baking (food prep).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to become a dietician/ nutritionist [ 1 Answers ]

I'm still in high school but I am considering studying to become a dietician/ nutritionist when I graduate. I do biology as a subject and the university I am hoping to go to recommends at least one if the sciences as a prerequisite. But would chemistry be needed in the course? Also is the course...

I want to become a nutritionist, but... [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to become a nutritionist but I have a felony conviction.is it possible To acquire this degree?

How can I become a nutritionist with a felony? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I become a nutritionist with a bachelors degree in science with a felonious assault on my record? If not, how can I become aprt of the healthcare field?

View more questions Search